Toyota Canada: April is best sales month in history
RECORD PERFORMANCE FROM BOTH TOYOTA AND LEXUS BRANDS
TORONTO, May 2 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is pleased to announce
today that April was the most successful sales month in the company's history
with total sales of 21,212 units, surpassing the previous all-time sales
record of 20,910 units set in May 2003. In addition, record year-to date-
(YTD) sales of 57,628 units are up 11.2 per cent over the same period in 2005.
Best month ever for the Toyota division, as sales of 20,168 units beat
last April by 13.6 per cent. Record YTD Toyota sales of 54,395 units are up by
11.0 per cent.
- Best month ever for Toyota cars - sales of 15,297 units up
8.6 per cent over April, 2005.
- Best April for Toyota trucks - sales of 4,871 units beat last April by
33.0 per cent.
Best April for Lexus, with total monthly sales of 1,044 units up
10.2 per cent. Record YTD Lexus sales of 3,233 units are up by 15.4 per cent.
- Best month ever for Lexus cars, with 570 units ahead by 12.2 per cent
- Best April for Lexus trucks, as 474 units are up by 8.0 per cent.
"Toyota's new model introductions such as Camry, Yaris, RAV4, and FJ
Cruiser have resulted in an overwhelming consumer response," said Tony
Wearing, Managing Director of TCI. "In addition to new model sales success,
our core models such as Matrix, Corolla, and Tacoma pickups continue to
maintain and deliver outstanding sales performances."
"The IS performance sedan's blistering sales pace has set the stage for
an unbeatable combination in May when Lexus launches the all-new 2007 ES 350,"
said Stuart Payne, Director of Lexus in Canada. "As well as the ES 350, we are
eagerly awaiting the launch of the new GS 450h, which will also appear in
dealerships this month."
Vehicle highlights for April include:
- Outstanding start for the all-new 2007 Camry, 2,971 units up
37.7 per cent for the month.
- Record month for Yaris; at 4,046 units, the Yaris and Yaris Hatchback
outsold last April's sales of the popular Echo lineup by
13.5 per cent.
- New monthly record for RAV4 - 1,523 units surpasses last month's
record of 1,490 units.
- FJ Cruiser continues to remain in high demand selling 559 units.
- Best April for the Canadian-made Matrix, with 2,741 units up by
8.2 per cent.
- Record YTD Prius sales up 45.4 per cent versus last year.
- Great performance for Tacoma trucks, with 866 units up by
58.9 per cent in April.
- Best April ever for Lexus IS performance sedan, selling 315 units
versus 36 units sold in April 2005.
For further information: please contact: Wesley Pratt, Manager, Public
Relations, Toyota Canada Inc., (416) 431-8333