LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
2013 New York Auto Show Preview

Baring any surprises, the star of this year's New York Auto Show is likely to be the Mercedes CLA45 AMG, a high-powered version of the brand's stunning new affordable luxury sedan. Other major debuts include the 2014 Cadillac CTS, Acura MDX, updated Honda Odyssey and Hyundai Equus, as well as refreshed version of the Buick LaCross, Regal and Chevy Camaro. Rumors point to a Subaru hybrid reveal while it'll also be the first showing of the controversially designed Jeep Cherokee.

More: 2013 New York Auto Show Preview on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CowboyCEO Send a message via Skype™ to CowboyCEO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: 2013 New York Auto Show Preview

Looks like Jeep has made the transition from "off road capable" to "soccer mom" status!

2,007 Sun Fusion / nickname "9-Ball" / Black Leather / K/N filter / Safari Snorkel / Flow master 40 series / 6sp M/T / Hella 550's / Ricochet Skids / Demello sliders/ Boztec diff skid, High Lift hanger and antenna mount / Fire stick / Uniden c/b / Glade Plug-in / Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17/, Fox 2 1/2" ext-travel coilovers with resi up front and Fox 2.0 piggybacks in the rear/ Total Chaos U.C.A.s/ Icon springs / All Weather Mats...

200,000 mile club

<a href=http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss245/cowboyceo/MrSpinnerScores2.jpg target=_blank>http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...nerScores2.jpg</a>
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
CowboyCEO previously said: View Post
Looks like Jeep has made the transition from "off road capable" to "soccer mom" status!
the new jeeps are really getting ugly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When I think Jeep, I'm thinking Wrangler - sure it's pricey, rides like a 2 horse wagon and not very quick, BUT - it's not supposed to be, it's for posers and non-posers that want to go back in the woods, break expensive parts, drink beer and laugh about how much it's going to cost. Fun? You bet, and the resale on these things are the highest of all vehicles sold, go figure huh! It's a special market with crazy fans, they will defend the Jeep no matter how many recalls, or shoulda been recalled, they take things serious. But, Jeep can't pay the light bill with just a handful of rabid fans, and the new Jeep owners expect Toyota levels of reliability and fit/finish. So, if you happen to get that problem child, then there's no loyality and the world will hear how much Jeep blows for not driving like car and having stuff break.
Naturally, Jeep has to fill their line with styling and fluff for the soccor moms and teen first car buyers that don't ever plan on 4 wheelin, thus - that thing that is the new Cherokee.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 101 Post(s)

Quote:
Wildcat2012 previously said: View Post
(Jeep)....It's a special market with crazy fans, they will defend the Jeep no matter how many recalls, or shoulda been recalled, they take things serious.

A truer statement has rarely been made. Jeep fans are rabid and will defend the brand no matter what....... But there are also some Jeep fans that are new converts to Toyota and the FJ brand. I have seen almost every youtube video on the FJ over the last several months and I read many of the comments fo the videos as well. I have seen many members that praised Jeep and totally bashed Toyota's FJ and then a year or two later posted videos of their brand new FJ Cruiser's.

Also interesting is that so many Jeep fans watch purely FJ videos and take the time to bash the FJ. By devoting so much time to FJ videos they show themselves to be "closet" FJ fans and wish to purchase, or will purchase a FJ in the future.

Lastly, I met a person that started a Jeep club and they have well over a hundred members (this club also has a few FJ's in it as well), but the guy that started the club has very high praise for the FJ and told me personally that if Toyota were to produce a soft top FJ Cruiser he would trade his jeep in and buy it..... high praise. Doesn't matter if you are a jeep fan, FJ fan or any other off road manufacturer fan, there is plenty of room at the table for everyone.

(BTW, do not personally like the looks of that new Cherokee either)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

omg....Please don't turn an American Icon in to an Isuzu Vehicross !!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I own a 85 CJ7 that was my DD for 10 years until I purchased 2010 FJ. I still have the CJ 7 and will never sale it. Its now my hunting 4x4. I've had my eye on the FJs since 2007. I could not bring myself to buy a new jeep. Did not like them. I have to say I have the best of both worlds right now.
The FJ does blow the doors of the CJ in regards to modern performance but I get more head nods from newer jeep owners
(And other 4x4 guys) with my CJ.
I will purchase an other FJ one day...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Forum Veteran

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
AutoGuide.com previously said: View Post
Ugh...it looks like the BMW X3 & X5. It just reeks of 'Soccer Mom' or 'Yuppie-Douchebag-mobile'.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

i dont like it looks like somthing i cant say here

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Forums Site Functions > Toyota FJ Cruiser News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in