Special Edition FJ Cruiser In The Works! - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Special Edition FJ Cruiser In The Works!

This is just more reason for me to wait. I want a removable top fj too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Done Deal...

I just put down a $500 deposit at a Dealer in Calif. who assured me that they only sell the new FJ at MSRP (I know, it would be my 3rd Toyota from them). It's 100% refundable, no questions asked. I also was informed that Toyota dealers get the FJ in January (so soon) to familiarize themselves with the vehicle and prep themselves for its sale in March. So there!
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ya know, I just have been torn because I want a removable top. I'll just wait and see, if not, I will get an old FJ40 instead. I really want a topless version-are you listening Toyota?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 11:00 PM

I told my dealer the Special Edition FJ Cruiser is what I am interested in. I printed off that article at the top of the page and took it to my dealer. They photocopied it and told me they'd get back to me. Two days ago they called and informed me that it isn't coming to Canada. It says right on the page that it is. It says a few to Canada and 183 to the Middle East. Do you think it's possible my dealer can't get one but lies to me so I don't shop anywhere else? Orillia Ontario is a smaller town, should I try some bigger dealers? Thank you.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:11 AM

I'm holding out for the Purple, Diesel, Removable Hardtop, with color matched roof model.

Just kidding....the mood needed lightened. We must all pratice patience.

The fact that I don't have hundreds of posts doesn't make me any less intelligent.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
tacomaDave previously said:
I told my dealer the Special Edition FJ Cruiser is what I am interested in. I printed off that article at the top of the page and took it to my dealer. They photocopied it and told me they'd get back to me. Two days ago they called and informed me that it isn't coming to Canada. It says right on the page that it is. It says a few to Canada and 183 to the Middle East. Do you think it's possible my dealer can't get one but lies to me so I don't shop anywhere else? Orillia Ontario is a smaller town, should I try some bigger dealers? Thank you.
is there a reason you cannucks cant just cruise on over to the US and purchase your truck here and then just drive it back? or are there some kind of BS tax laws and what not in the way of something so simple?
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
caliFJ previously said:
are there some kind of BS tax laws and what not in the way of something so simple?
Not that I am an international salesman, but yeah I think it is exactly because of things previously mentioned.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Eclectic previously said:
Not that I am an international salesman, but yeah I think it is exactly because of things previously mentioned.
just kind of wondering how stiff the penalty is since you're already paying more base anyway.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tone

Just feed me more info on the SE!!!! I want an FJ real bad like you guys....but my wallet prevents me from buying one at launch. SO, I will probably buy the special edition, whatever the hell it's going to look like or whenever they decide to produce the damn thing.

'If there's a God then why has he let me die?'
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 01:29 AM

That's right. Us Canucks just can't cross the border, buy brand new and bring it back. It's not that simple. Used-no problem. That article said Toyota was sending a few up to Canada. Toyota Canada knows next to nothing about this FJ Cruiser. I called them last week to ask about this truck and the Special Edition. They said our info is limited, it has a 3.4 litre V6 engine and 4 automatic transmission. I said your info is about 3 years old, talk to you later.
I'm just gonna wait till closer to summer, maybe then I'll hear something. I will continue to look though. So if anyone knows or hears something, please let me know. Thanks.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Forums Site Functions > Toyota FJ Cruiser News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in