FJX2000's Wheeling Trips & Adventures Thread - Page 12 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Report/Photo Section/GPS Coordinates Been offroad with your FJ? Tell us about it and post up any photos or GPS coordinates so others can possibly follow in your footsteps!

116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Garage
Re: FJX2000's Wheeling Trips & Adventures Thread

God it's beautiful out there!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

Photos from Black Bear Pass on my Saturday run! Pretty rad, we had a Voodoo FJ with a solid axle swap in my group and the group behind us also had an FJ with a SAS! Was so cool to see in person!

But because my group was moving a little too slow for me I actually decided to go on alone from the pass. Was pretty fun actually! Had my parents with me which was a good time.

And then that night we got an awesome rainbow!

debFJVT, FJCRUZA, Iconic_ and 3 others like this.
post #113 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Then on Sunday for the group photo I secured the same spot I have had the last 3 FJ Summits, front right corner!

FJCRUZA, FatJohnson and jamesepoop like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)

Great pics from Summit Hayden! It was nice finally getting to meet you at the Colorado FJC BBQ on Friday.
FJX2000 likes this.

Jessica

2011 Cavalry Blue with some added stuff.

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
Don’t be afraid to use your rig! Dents can be popped out, scratches can be buffed out, but in the end the memories you have make it so worth it!
post #115 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJess previously said: View Post
Great pics from Summit Hayden! It was nice finally getting to meet you at the Colorado FJC BBQ on Friday.
Great meeting you too! I wondered if we would ever brush shoulders! It was fun meetinf other folks from the forum as well for the firsr time as well as reaquaint with folks I haven't seen for some time!
FatJohnson likes this.
post #116 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
What's up Hayden!!! We ran California / Corkscrew with you. Just wanted to thank you for being a great trail leader! It was a blast!
FJX2000 and FatJohnson like this.
post #117 of 131 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Had a fun time yesterday going off-roading with some of my college mates! Was their first time wheeling so I made sure they had a good time! This was my shake-down run do test the recent install of my new Moog LCAs and the recent welds I had done to my lower cam tabs.

post #118 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Went off-road last weekend with my cousin @Jager212 and with fellow forum member @shrdnar . Jager212 had his Sandstorm FJ with its recent addition of a ToyTec/Bilstein 3" lift and Shrdnar had his new FJ80 which he was taking on its maiden off-road voyage to test how it would do, specifically if the CB system was working. It was my first time wheeling with both these guys and it was going great but unfortunately Shrdnar's steering pump line disconnected while we headed up Lake Mountain via Israel Canyon so he didn't make it to the top with us, but that is what test runs are for! Upon getting to the top it was super cold and windy! But the road wasn't bad at all (a little muddy and slick) and there was a tiny bit of snow at the top.

And then in the end we got some awesome burgers at Seven Brothers!

FatJohnson, shrdnar and jamesepoop like this.
post #119 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well another FJ Summit has come and gone. So here are the photos and YouTube video to prove it!

Day one, my cousin and I arrived and after registering and before going to the evenings events, we did a speed run up Yankee Boy Basin. We made it up and back in just over 2 hours! First time for me doing it, or at least first time in many years, very nice run!

On day two, Thursday, I was signed up to run on the first Black Bear Pass run of the day. Usually my family's tradition has been to run it on Saturday, but after realizing how congested the trails are and Telluride is on Saturday and how annoying it is to be caught behind other groups, we decided to run it earlier in the week and first thing in the morning. However, only I was able to sign up for the trail, and my uncle and cousin with their FJs weren't able to get in. We showed up to our meet-up location but finding no more room in the trail run for the 2 additional rigs, we headed off on our own 3 person run ahead of the other group! My cousin is the one in the Sandstorm FJ, and his forum name is @Jager212 . He is actually driving my uncle's old FJ since he bought the red 2012 Trail Teams. My uncle is @Uncle2FJX2000 and this was his 2nd Summit. Technically it was my cousin's 2nd too, but he rode with me back in 2013 I believe so this was his first time with his own FJ.

This was also my first Summit with my new DJI Mavic Pro drone! I was able to get some sweet pictures and video!

After Black Bear Pass and lunch in Telluride, we decided to come back via Last Dollar Road. Another trail I hadn't ever done and one I was excited to do vs Ophir Pass since we would be running Ophir the following day.

On day 3, Friday, I trail led an Imogene Pass run. Only 3 people from the run actually showed up, and then my cousin tagged along too. My uncle and aunt were also running Imogene on a women's-only trail run ahead of us, so we met up with them in Telluride. It was sure nice only having 5 rigs in our group, as it made managing everyone and getting photos and video at "The Spot" a very streamlined experience. Be sure to check out my YouTube videos to see how it came out!

FJCRUZA, Iconic_ and FatJohnson like this.

Last edited by FJX2000; 10-05-2018 at 08:36 AM.
post #120 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

More from FJ Summit on Imogene Pass!

I didn't really take any photos that were worth while on Ophir but the following day, Saturday, I led a California Pass/Corkscrew Gulch run. However things got a bit messy. After asking one of the Summit directors which way to run the trail just for confirmation on the route, they said to go up Corkscrew Gulch, towards California Pass, and out to Silverton via Animas Forks. I was excited since I had never run these trail in this direction! But I think the director may have gotten "Cali/Corkscrew" and "Gulches" runs mixed up as I discovered on the trail that we were sort of clogging up some of The Gulches runs. But in the end it all worked out and everyone had a great time! Fun fact, @Winterpeg was on the run too! I actually ran into quite a few forum members at the Summit! And some people knew of me from my YouTube channel, others through my Instagram, or even Facebook, though I had no idea who they were. Crazy how social media is now-a-days!

After spending some time in Silverton, and getting this awesome photo, capturing to of my favorite things in one photo, we headed up the Clear Lake Trail for my dad to do some fishing. (Fun fact: for those who don't know, I actually work on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad as a brakeman and fireman.)

debFJVT, FJCRUZA, Iconic_ and 2 others like this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Report/Photo Section/GPS Coordinates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in