FJX2000's Wheeling Trips & Adventures Thread - Page 13 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Report/Photo Section/GPS Coordinates Been offroad with your FJ? Tell us about it and post up any photos or GPS coordinates so others can possibly follow in your footsteps!

116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: FJX2000's Wheeling Trips & Adventures Thread

Then finally, on the last morning of the Summit after the raffle was all said and done, I had to ensure I got my front corner spot for the group photo, notice that my uncle and cousin also got in!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Garage

Hayden, I always loved watching your FJ videos before, but I have to say, the Mavic has taken your video production over-the-top! I loved this vid!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
post #123 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FatJohnson previously said: View Post
Hayden, I always loved watching your FJ videos before, but I have to say, the Mavic has taken your video production over-the-top! I loved this vid!

Me too! Thanks man! The drone sure has turned out to exceed my expectations!
FatJohnson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage

We had a great time meeting and talking with you at the dinner. Hopefully next year we'll be able to be on a trail with you.

Cheers.
FJX2000, FJCRUZA and FatJohnson like this.
post #125 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
FatJohnson previously said: View Post

Totally agree! Hayden has some of the best FJ action videos on YouTube. Hope I get the chance to wheel with him sometime in the future. Keep the vids coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #126 of 131 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Mark&Merri previously said: View Post
We had a great time meeting and talking with you at the dinner. Hopefully next year we'll be able to be on a trail with you.

Cheers.
Wonderful meeting you guys too! Such a small world in the FJ community! Would be sweet to run with you someday.

Quote:
wheelinyotas previously said: View Post
Totally agree! Hayden has some of the best FJ action videos on YouTube. Hope I get the chance to wheel with him sometime in the future. Keep the vids coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate!

And speaking of YouTube videos, here is my video from yesterday's Labor Day trail run up American Fork Canyon on the Forest Lake Trail.

Thorn661 and FJCRUZA like this.
post #127 of 131 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Another video using the DJI Mavic Pro, but this is from this past FJ Summit! Check out Black Bear Pass!

post #128 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Just got back from Spring break where my family visited a bunch of the Utah National Parks! We spent the most time in Arches but also visited Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and Zion! It was a beautiful and fun trip! And I was able to sneak a little off-roading in while visiting Arches. We did the Tower Arch trail!

It was pretty cool but if I could do it again, I would do it the north direction FROM Balancing Rock so that way you get to go UP the tough obstacles rather than the opposite direction where you go down.

Here are just a few pictures! It was nice cuz a large Jeep group from Colorado was also on the trail and they let me join into their group as code-name "Ghost Rider". A very nice group of folks!

Saw this big SAS FJ at the entrance for Arches and I've actually wheeled with this rig on Black Bear Pass at the FJ Summit!

Last edited by FJX2000; 03-25-2019 at 07:27 PM.
post #129 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Forum Beer Miester

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1885 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
FJX2000 previously said: View Post
Just got back from Spring break where my family visited a bunch of the Utah National Parks! We spent the most time in Arches but also visited Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and Zion! It was a beautiful and fun trip! And I was able to sneak a little off-roading in while visiting Arches. We did the Tower Arch trail!

It was pretty cool but if I could do it again, I would do it the north direction FROM Balancing Rock so that way you get to go UP the tough obstacles rather than the opposite direction where you go down.

Here are just a few pictures! It was nice cuz a large Jeep group from Colorado was also on the trail and they let me join into their group as code-name "Ghost Rider". A very nice group of folks!

Man it sounds like a challenge to me! I’ll be in Moab a week before the Summit, give me or Deb a ring.
FJX2000 and debFJVT like this.

Last edited by FJX2000; 03-25-2019 at 09:15 PM.
post #130 of 131 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
4-Corners Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

This past Saturday CruiserGear posted up about a scavenger hunt where Blake left a goodie box near the south end of Utah Lake at the base of West Mountain where a lot of folks go shooting and stuff. I saw it on social media and right after work decided to go find it. Unfortunately someone had already beaten me to it, but I then just off-roaded around the area on West Mountain and had a good time! Met some nice folks who were in a Jeep and they decided to take the normal dirt road that winds up the mountain. Meanwhile I noticed a trail that looked steep but takes you straight up the mountain... so I went that way! In my mind I was racing the Jeep to the top but they didn't realize it. I definitely had to go into 4Lo to do this climb and it would have been a whole lot smoother and easier had I aired down, but with the aid of A-TRAC and the rear locker at one point, I flew up the mountain as quick as possible and when they got to the top the Jeep folks were so confused on how I could've gotten there since last they saw me, I was behind them!

Fun times were had. There was a snow drift still across the road that prevented us from getting to the very top. I tried to drive through but it was to thick and slippery, and with it being on a precarious slope, I opted out of gunning it. The Jeep folks decided to try it since I offered to help if they got stuck. Well they didn't get stuck necessarily but I did get to use the winch to rescue them from almost sliding off the mountain!

It was a beautiful evening and the sunset was awesome! Need to go up there again!

FJou..., FJCRUZA, Iconic_ and 2 others like this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Report/Photo Section/GPS Coordinates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in