Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1st Annual Cruiser-Q 9-25-10

949 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  snafu58 
#1 ·
Just putting this out there for those that might be interested.

The game is a foot. Here are the details. Please forward to any of your Cruiser buddies.

Cruiser-Q
Saturday September 25th
Glenwood Springs, CO

Itinerary:

9:30-10am: Gather at base of Tram in Glenwood Springs.

10am: Roll out – head up to Transfer Trail.

Transfer trail to Haypress Lake via Windy Point
(Can I get someone to volunteer as Trail Leader?)

4pm-? We have the south pavilion reserved at Veltus Park.

Directions to Veltus Park from Tram:

Head towards hot springs and over the Grand Avenue bridge (towards Aspen).

Once you're over the bridge,

Turn right on 8th Street,

Turn right on Colorado Avenue (at this point the County building will be on your left),

Turn left on 7th Street,

Continue under the railroad bridge and over the Roaring Fork River,

Turn left at light on Midland Street,

Veltus Park is the 1st left.

For those techy guy,s here are the UTM coordinates for Veltus Park:
13S 4379894N 299659E

Just a reminder, this go around will be BYOBeer and BYOFood (next year if this is successful we can get fancy and look at supplying things). I will coordinate it to where we have the grill going before everyone shows up… and maybe a case or two of PBR.

My cell phone number is (720) 936-8787.

Regards,

Nathan Torres, P.E.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Just to explain. Hugh at Safari in Grand Junction, CO showed me this e-mail from Nate. So, I called Nate and asked what he had in mind. Nate explained, "This is just a social (not club, but they are invited) "Oh you drive that FJ?" type trail run and road kill grilling kinda gathering." Whew! By the way Nate's wife just had a new baby, a little early, but doing fine! So he will not miss the event due to his "Better Half" going into labor on the trail. I did suggest castor oil and four wheel drive trails help induce labor. With all that said, Nate's number is at the bottom of the first thread. You could be one of the first Charter Memebers to what could become a really good time annual event!

#3 ·
Transfer Trail is in my pocket. Went up it 3 weeks ago and came down today for fuel and supplies. Going back up Coffee Pot Rd and camping at White Owl Lake. Staying there until the weather goes sour. Be gald to lead but have no phone service up there. I will try and be there for the run but no promises yet. My cell is 270-217-3935 JIC.

Alan

#4 ·
The Cruiser-Q was a great success with 14 rigs in attendence for the run and several more showed up for the BBQ in town afterwards. Already talk about making it an overnight next year. I'll be there! :cheers:

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.