The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread March 28-30 - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

Quote:
daPitbull previously said: View Post
I'm in! Googlemaps says approx. 320 miles from SF, 5 hours for anyone interested.
4 hours

2007 Olive Green & Black FJ Cruiser, 5 speed A/T, 3" OME lift, Volant Snorkal & CAI, Bandi Mount, Four Trek lift mount, A-Trac Hack, All Pro front bumper, Rock Crawler black steelies, Pro-Comp 33" A/T's, Smittybilt XCR 8 winch, Hella Series 500 Walmart special, Lorenz Custom Fab Sliders, Scuba Mod

http://www.desertratsonline.com/
http://adventure4x4.net/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

Quote:
spertierra previously said: View Post
4 hours
You haven't driven out of S.F. at commute time much, I guess....

We may drive up on Thurs and leave on Monday. Depends on what else we plan in the area and whether or not my bro and/or sis come too.
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28-30th

Quote:
VoodooBrew previously said: View Post
Ok, I just PM'd a couple of mods to get the title changed to reflect the correct dates. Spertierra, did you make note of the people who wanted to come? We might have to PM them if they don't find this new thread.

We are in. No sure about details yet... my husband is not a big camper so we may stay in lodging nearby. I can put a list of some lodgings I found for interested folks.

I am still a newbie offroader, wanting to learn more (hubby is resistant). We are big hikers, may check out the XC skiing (or will Mt Pinos be thawed?), big into photography (WILL be going to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve)... still checking out the other things to do. I understand that are some secret petroglyphs in the area.

Looking forward to what will probably be my last CA vacation before we move to Germany!
Thank you, I've been busy. Looks good now.

Don't worry about you skills, I'm not too sure footed myself, allthough I've been exploring trails in 2wd all my life. I take it pretty carefully myself, don't worry. you'll be fine. In fact, one of the trails I plan to take, is for beginner to moderate, will go past the petroglyphs. Sking is at 8700ft, not sure about thaw, but chances are good it will still be there.

2007 Olive Green & Black FJ Cruiser, 5 speed A/T, 3" OME lift, Volant Snorkal & CAI, Bandi Mount, Four Trek lift mount, A-Trac Hack, All Pro front bumper, Rock Crawler black steelies, Pro-Comp 33" A/T's, Smittybilt XCR 8 winch, Hella Series 500 Walmart special, Lorenz Custom Fab Sliders, Scuba Mod

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you, I've been busy. Looks good now.

Don't worry about you skills, I'm not too sure footed myself, allthough I've been exploring trails in 2wd all my life. I take it pretty carefully myself, don't worry. you'll be fine. In fact, one of the trails I plan to take, is for beginner to moderate, will go past the petroglyphs. Sking is at 8700ft, not sure about thaw, but chances are good it will still be there.

wow, at that altitude, yes, there will still be snow.

Ok, good to know I won't have to be a rock crawler. I am still stock, and MT. Good thing you got a new winch, cuz my tires suck!! I should have traded out the tires [and the supercharger!] from my Tacoma... I'm an idiot (well, really, was trying to get the best trade-in possible!).

So, is Frazier Park a cool little town?
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Man I really wat to go to this one but there is no way in Hades I can get it all together in a week, Usually need like 3 weeks minimum to make sure not working and gettin the family onboard too. Mabey after all the flowers are dead. lol

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7470_2.gif
Quote:
cnckart previously said: View Post

Yup thieves are stupid, that's why they are thieves.
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
VoodooBrew previously said: View Post
wow, at that altitude, yes, there will still be snow.

Ok, good to know I won't have to be a rock crawler. I am still stock, and MT. Good thing you got a new winch, cuz my tires suck!! I should have traded out the tires [and the supercharger!] from my Tacoma... I'm an idiot (well, really, was trying to get the best trade-in possible!).

So, is Frazier Park a cool little town?
I will have to post several runs, depending on how many want to go. I'm going to call Jason and see if he still wants to do some sort of clinic. Funjunkie sorta hi-jacked him on another thread. I'll see.

Frazier Park is'nt nice, just a small mtn town, but to the west, there are places that are nice, very nice in fact. It has potential, if anybody were to invest in the town. There is another town, Pine Mtn Club, a second home resort, with a couple nice restuarants, but I don't think they have a hotel. Tonite, I will do some research, last night, I had no internet until about 10.

Hey, can you help me get a roll call together, I got some PM's I need to respond to, if you know anybody interested, maybe you can PM them to verify.

post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I will have to post several runs, depending on how many want to go. I'm going to call Jason and see if he still wants to do some sort of clinic. Funjunkie sorta hi-jacked him on another thread. I'll see.

Frazier Park is'nt nice, just a small mtn town, but to the west, there are places that are nice, very nice in fact. It has potential, if anybody were to invest in the town. There is another town, Pine Mtn Club, a second home resort, with a couple nice restuarants, but I don't think they have a hotel. Tonite, I will do some research, last night, I had no internet until about 10.

Hey, can you help me get a roll call together, I got some PM's I need to respond to, if you know anybody interested, maybe you can PM them to verify.

uuhhhh... how many times you gonna switch the title??

At some point today I saw that Jason may still be up for this... yeah, give him a call. He asked us to PM him when we have more info (trails, etc). We probably need to find out if H.V. SVRA will let him do demos there.

I'll see what I can do about the roll call/ PMing folks (from my aging memory).... we had a lot of interest, but maybe they are miffed by the threads getting deleted. Usually the name list gets posted at the bottom of the very first post, so that would be your edit.

Last edited by VoodooBrew; 03-12-2008 at 08:06 PM.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 PM

Re: The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread

p.s. Steve can you please edit the first post to have the old title in there, in BOLD, as the first line? There's too much blah blah and not enough beef, you know? We need a bold one liner of the simple details, like place and dates, and that it's a CA "Summit" of sorts. gracias!
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ok. since we now know the dates are 28/29/30 i'm in for that weekend. i got the days off of work today so i'm good to go. spoke with Mo today and i think shes going too but not sure travel days yet.
i'm not quite sure of my travel days either. i work friday till about 6ish and could leave after that for a friday night arrival or maybe just leave early sat morning. stay sat night (camp or hotel??).......will we wheel sunday too?
so here ya go:

# of people: 1 (and maybe my friend lynette...leaving hubby and kid home AGAIN)
interest: offroad (from scenic to moderate.....nothing too difficult), photography, minimal hiking (cause i dont want to die but i will do a little hiking if i have to)
not sure of camping or hotel/motel.......i'll wait to see what you folks come up with for ideas.

chris aka Trail-Mom
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
BoBoNel previously said: View Post
# of people: 1 (and maybe my friend lynette...leaving hubby and kid home AGAIN)
interest: offroad (from scenic to moderate.....nothing too difficult), photography, minimal hiking (cause i dont want to die but i will do a little hiking if i have to)
not sure of camping or hotel/motel.......i'll wait to see what you folks come up with for ideas.
I will be there Friday night, to meet anybody who is making the drive. I will be leaving 3:30 from Fresno, and arrive about 6:00
Depending on the number of campers, there are tons of spots in the OHV area, but it gets noisy and crowded. There are several campgrounds to the west of Hungy valley, which are actually closer to the 4wd trails, on is called Chuchaupate, I think, and it has 30 spots, first come, first serve. Then there are smaller ones in the area.

There will be rides both days.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in