The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread March 28-30 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The One and Only Official Norcal-vs-Socal Thread March 28-30

Oh crud, sorry, we will be meeting at Flying J's instead, same time. The campground is closed. Did'nt say it on the website, sorry. Son of FJ is still gonna be at the entrance just in case. Well figure out camping later, theres plenty.
This is a weekend get together, any one is welcome, hey AZ's. Photog's, Hikers, Offroaders, FJ'ers and friends in Jeeps, all are welcome. Maybe we will drinks a few with VoodooBrew, before she leaves. Maybe we will have a few more with some of you Sandy Eggo crowd. Ride trails, take pics, camp. Maybe we can do some clinics(a photo clinic would makes sense too).

Place: Hungry Valley

Things to see and do
There are several great trails to run, from beginner to difficult(maybe millers will re-open)
Wild flower run, take pictures maybe one will win pic of the month

So lets go and have fun. If you can make it, great. If not, hopefully next time.
CB on Channel 24.
Directions to Chuchupate: Exit I-5 at Frazier Park exit, head West on Frazier Mountain Park rd, for about 5-6 miles. Turn left on Lockwood Valley rd, drive about 1 mile, turn left at Chuchupate Ranger station, follow road until campground.

Friday Campout Chuchapate Camp

Saturday: Meet 10:00 am
10-11 Breakfast/Lunch at campground
11:00 Hit trails, we can decide trail, there are many. If enough are interested, we can do 2 or more runs, for diffent levels

Saturday Night
Meet-n-Greet 4pm-8pm

Los Pinos Restuarant
133 Frazier Mountain Park Rd
Lebec, CA 93243
Phone: (661) 248-1148
At the 99 and Frazier Park offramp

Sunday: Antelope Valley Road trip

2007 Olive Green & Black FJ Cruiser, 5 speed A/T, 3" OME lift, Volant Snorkal & CAI, Bandi Mount, Four Trek lift mount, A-Trac Hack, All Pro front bumper, Rock Crawler black steelies, Pro-Comp 33" A/T's, Smittybilt XCR 8 winch, Hella Series 500 Walmart special, Lorenz Custom Fab Sliders, Scuba Mod

http://www.desertratsonline.com/
http://adventure4x4.net/

Last edited by spertierra; 03-28-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 27 & 28(This is not that other thread)

you are easily confused.

sooooo.........this is thurs and friday night? why not 28-29 (fri/sat) or 29-30(sat/sun)???

jdemellos class was GOING TO BE ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 29TH but i think that idea is squashed and hes doing it later in april. (i think in his thread was mentioned the bloomin poppy fields).
this would be a great trip.......i just want to confirm up the dates cause i know i cant go if its on a week day or week day night. (fri night is do-able i think for most folks if they get out of work early).

just curious. not trying to change your plans.....please dont get mad. i just wanted to reconfirm dates cause camping on the weeknights is not very common.

chris aka Trail-Mom
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 27 & 28(This is not that other thread)

Quote:
BoBoNel previously said: View Post
you are easily confused.

sooooo.........this is thurs and friday night? why not 28-29 (fri/sat) or 29-30(sat/sun)???

jdemellos class was GOING TO BE ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 29TH but i think that idea is squashed and hes doing it later in april. (i think in his thread was mentioned the bloomin poppy fields).
this would be a great trip.......i just want to confirm up the dates cause i know i cant go if its on a week day or week day night. (fri night is do-able i think for most folks if they get out of work early).

just curious. not trying to change your plans.....please dont get mad. i just wanted to reconfirm dates cause camping on the weeknights is not very common.
I Need a Moderator to change the dates, Please, on the title of this thread to 28-30

Don't worry, these are the dates for something. I just figure if we keep trying to do a North/South event, someone will say we have to postpone, until so and so can make it. These are the only dates, that don't conflict for the casual offroader. The TTORA event is going to attract a more hardcore crowd, this is just a fun get together. I decided to keep it to one thread, cause tyring to keep track of three was too confusing, each thread had a diffent take. This is simple.
I'm also up for Friday, optional. I'll be there. This does'nt have to remain the name, I just threw it out because if I said hungry valley run, the same five guys who did the last 4 hungy valley runs, would have been the only ones showing up. Dates are set, lets make somthing happen.

2007 Olive Green & Black FJ Cruiser, 5 speed A/T, 3" OME lift, Volant Snorkal & CAI, Bandi Mount, Four Trek lift mount, A-Trac Hack, All Pro front bumper, Rock Crawler black steelies, Pro-Comp 33" A/T's, Smittybilt XCR 8 winch, Hella Series 500 Walmart special, Lorenz Custom Fab Sliders, Scuba Mod

http://www.desertratsonline.com/
http://adventure4x4.net/

Last edited by spertierra; 03-12-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Sockless Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

Date changed in title.

post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 AM

Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28-30th

Ok, I just PM'd a couple of mods to get the title changed to reflect the correct dates. Spertierra, did you make note of the people who wanted to come? We might have to PM them if they don't find this new thread.

We are in. No sure about details yet... my husband is not a big camper so we may stay in lodging nearby. I can put a list of some lodgings I found for interested folks.

I am still a newbie offroader, wanting to learn more (hubby is resistant). We are big hikers, may check out the XC skiing (or will Mt Pinos be thawed?), big into photography (WILL be going to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve)... still checking out the other things to do. I understand that are some secret petroglyphs in the area.

Looking forward to what will probably be my last CA vacation before we move to Germany!

Antelope Valley:

Last edited by VoodooBrew; 03-12-2008 at 10:28 AM.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Sockless Superstar

Quote:
VoodooBrew previously said: View Post
Ok, I just PM'd a couple of mods to get the title changed to reflect the correct dates. Spertierra, did you make note of the people who wanted to come? We might have to PM them if they don't find this new thread.

We are in. No sure about details yet... my husband is not a big camper so we may stay in lodging nearby. I can put a list of some lodgings I found for interested folks.

I am still a newbie offroader, wanting to learn more (hubby is resistant). We are big hikers, may check out the XC skiing (or will Mt Pinos be thawed?), big into photography (WILL be going to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve)... still checking out the other things to do. I understand that are some secret petroglyphs in the area.

Looking forward to what will probably be my last CA vacation before we move to Germany!
I swear you must be on dial up Look up two posts.

post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Dragon previously said: View Post
I swear you must be on dial up Look up two posts.
yes, thank you!! Not on dial up, but remember: I have a 3 year old. He needed his butt wiped. I am not kidding! Your mother wiped your butt too at that age, and she was probably NOT trying to plan trail runs at the same time.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Sockless Superstar

Quote:
VoodooBrew previously said: View Post
yes, thank you!! Not on dial up, but remember: I have a 3 year old. He needed his butt wiped. I am not kidding! Your mother wiped your butt too at that age, and she was probably NOT trying to plan trail runs at the same time.

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Forum Master

Re: Poppy Fields Run March 28th - 30th NorCal-SoCal (This is not that other thread)

I'm in! Googlemaps says approx. 320 miles from SF, 5 hours for anyone interested.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
daPitbull previously said: View Post
I'm in! Googlemaps says approx. 320 miles from SF, 5 hours for anyone interested.
I checked and it's a little over 4 hours for me (East Bay)... not bad!

Are you bringing the doggies? Just note that they will not be allowed in Antelope Valley, but they may be ok in Hungry Valley SVRA.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in