Trail Teams Invitational May 10/11 Big Bear CA - Page 11 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trail Teams Invitational May 10/11 Big Bear CA

Quote:
martyr previously said: View Post
Sean,
Yes, I emailed them through the page for the Big Bear event. Got a response in 10 minutes.
Weather:
70s to low 80s during day, high 30s to low 40s at night. As always with high altitude, be prepared for anything.

Thanks. 'preciate the help.

Sean

"I too pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice."-Defender

Building a Trail Rig (IMO): https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...l-rig-imo.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Big Bear in January off of 3N05.....

This is a great map of the off-road trails in Big Bear....a "must have"

Maps

Special Edition TRD
Bigbill Combo CB, K&N High pass filter, IPF lights on front bumper
post #103 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular

I'm signed up for Holcomb Sat @ 9am. Just registered and just got the confirmation email back from them. I was bummed when it was cancelled last time and I'm really looking foward to this one.

I'll be heading up from Pasadena.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
martyr previously said: View Post
Hey Guys,
The Holcomb Creek trail is closed, and the TT is aware of it. If you signed up for it, I assume you will be switched to a Jacoby Creek run. I tried to switch from John Bull to Holcomb, and received the following reply:

"your request has been approved and processed. You are now on the Saturday May 10th 8am Jacoby Gulch Trail Run. Please make note of your changes

Holcomb Creek Trail is closed. Updates on the website to come soon. Jacoby Gulch is the same type of terrian and views.

Happy Trails"

I might switch back to John Bull if I can. I think the rig is ready, but I was doubting myself.
That's too bad they did not check first before posting the run. I emailed them on Wednesday asking if they realized Holcomb was closed and got no response. It's probably for the good anyway because Holcomb is not an intermediate trail except for rigs with straight axles and 35's. The bummer is that IMO it is the most beautiful off road trail in Big Bear.

Sean K. call the BB Discovery Center for most any questions you have about Big Bear.
Big Bear Discovery Center San Bernardino Mountains

The Expo Center is on the S.E. end of the lake and is on the opposite side of the lake from the Discovery Center but is only about 2 3/4 miles away.

Interesting post on a RR Forum.
RangeRovers.net • View topic - Gold Mtn and Jacoby Cyn - Big Bear, CA

Quote:
Hellus previously said:> but the rest of the trails and pretty much the rest of Big Bear you can do with a stock 4x4 FJ
Have you done Holcomb or Deep Creek. Stock running boards or rocker panels would more than likely take a pounding, same with the stock skids. FYI Nice work attempting JB stock, which way did you run it?

TLCA#16768

33' BFG MUD's, Icon Front Coil Overs, OME Rear Shocks and HD Coils. ARB Bumper, Warn 9500XD winch, MAF Sliders & Skid Plates, Gobi Ranger Rack w/ PIAA Lights ft, rr, sd, w/Gobi Hi Lift, axe and shovel Mounts, Dust Lights. Dirty Parts Dual Batt., Cobra 75 WX ST CB, Yaesu HT170, Xtrm. Hi Lift Jack, Power Tank 10 lbs. CO2 System, All Pro HD LCA's, Custom Rear Drawers, Custom electrical.
post #105 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Fjamming Send a message via Skype™ to Fjamming

There's a link for "Contact". I was able to change my time-twice. Thanks Jon!

Click for the "Genie" build up
Sandoo Blue FJ
Walker Evans 2.5 dia. front shocks, adj. rear reservoir shocks, Pro Links. AP F&R bumpers, AP 1.25" UCA, Demello skid, TMax 9000 Competition winch. Viking Trail Line. Hankook MT RE03. Trail Gear Sliders, Aeroflow, Lightforce Blitz 240 50W HID, All Pro Swing Out. Bajarack custom low-pro rack. Ricochet LCA armor.
SoCal Events Calendar
post #106 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
gon2srf previously said: View Post

Have you done Holcomb or Deep Creek. Stock running boards or rocker panels would more than likely take a pounding, same with the stock skids. FYI Nice work attempting JB stock, which way did you run it?
I've done Holcomb and all over Big Bear and never had any problems except on John Bull(we came off from 3N06)......but I've only had my FJ since Dec, been there like 4-5 times and every time I have gone up there everything was covered in snow pretty much....so not sure if that would make a difference now......

What is up with camping sat night????? Are you setting up a spot or should we just all get together that night or what?????

Special Edition TRD
post #107 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
Hellus previously said: View Post
I've done Holcomb and all over Big Bear and never had any problems except on John Bull(we came off from 3N06)......but I've only had my FJ since Dec, been there like 4-5 times and every time I have gone up there everything was covered in snow pretty much....so not sure if that would make a difference now......

What is up with camping sat night????? Are you setting up a spot or should we just all get together that night or what?????
Give me a call at 949 235-1494 so we can talk about camping.

Scott

TLCA#16768

33' BFG MUD's, Icon Front Coil Overs, OME Rear Shocks and HD Coils. ARB Bumper, Warn 9500XD winch, MAF Sliders & Skid Plates, Gobi Ranger Rack w/ PIAA Lights ft, rr, sd, w/Gobi Hi Lift, axe and shovel Mounts, Dust Lights. Dirty Parts Dual Batt., Cobra 75 WX ST CB, Yaesu HT170, Xtrm. Hi Lift Jack, Power Tank 10 lbs. CO2 System, All Pro HD LCA's, Custom Rear Drawers, Custom electrical.
post #108 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Give me a call at 949 235-1494 so we can talk about camping.

Scott

Left you a message............

Special Edition TRD
post #109 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
uphill previously said: View Post
Come on. Am I going to be the only one from the Forum on John Bull?
i'm signed-up for the same, see you there...
post #110 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
That's too bad they did not check first before posting the run. I emailed them on Wednesday asking if they realized Holcomb was closed and got no response. It's probably for the good anyway because Holcomb is not an intermediate trail except for rigs with straight axles and 35's. The bummer is that IMO it is the most beautiful off road trail in Big Bear.

Sean K. call the BB Discovery Center for most any questions you have about Big Bear.
Big Bear Discovery Center San Bernardino Mountains

The Expo Center is on the S.E. end of the lake and is on the opposite side of the lake from the Discovery Center but is only about 2 3/4 miles away.

Interesting post on a RR Forum.
RangeRovers.net • View topic - Gold Mtn and Jacoby Cyn - Big Bear, CA

So do you think if I just leave my Saturday 9am time as is for Holcomb I'll be switched over to the other trail, right ??

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in