Third Annual Alumni FJ Summit - Page 8 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:02 PM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3337 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Third Annual Alumni FJ Summit

Quote:
Ace Brown previously said: View Post
I think Shawn n Heather packed up to leave right after the drawing to get home early. I didnít hear any bear complaints from them.

I had a bear in my camp each night. My dog barked loudly and I yelled when she woke me up. He did no damage but did leave a nice big pawprint on my rug. The word was that this was a 300# cinnamon bear. He could have destroyed my camper easily. Glad he wasnít that aggressive.

But I do keep this handy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, It must have been out of context. He said they were packing up right after the bear story, so I gathered....

I keep this around with 325 grain buffalo loads(or the Flex shotty with 00 buck). Wife wears it on a chest rig in MT.

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:14 PM
Forum Beer Miester

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2046 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
TrueGritCruzr previously said: View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I pulled in and parked in this campsite Friday for a few minutes, beautiful area with a ton of Aspen.

I have a portable flushing toilet for camping, holds 5 gallons of waste and actually flushes using a pneumatic flusher. You can get one on the Amazon for about 60 bucks.
TrueGritCruzr and AMMO461 like this.

post #73 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Well now that the summit is over, I really miss not going. The Alumni event will be a long one for me i think. May try to take a couple of weeks off work, hit Sedona and then see if anything is open near Kayenta. Ute Mountain and Lizzard head pass on the way there. Home thru Utah, over to Bryce, Brian Head, Navajo Lake and Duck Creek. Want to ride Thudermountain and Virgin River Rim trail one more time before I die. Trying to talk the kid into it.

The area Dan found on last dollar was a great site for sure. I could live there for sure. Ace said he would not be able to make it, has other plans unles we change the d9ate som.e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)

Quote:
skersfan previously said: View Post
Well now that the summit is over, I really miss not going. The Alumni event will be a long one for me i think. May try to take a couple of weeks off work, hit Sedona and then see if anything is open near Kayenta. Ute Mountain and Lizzard head pass on the way there. Home thru Utah, over to Bryce, Brian Head, Navajo Lake and Duck Creek. Want to ride Thudermountain and Virgin River Rim trail one more time before I die. Trying to talk the kid into it.

The area Dan found on last dollar was a great site for sure. I could live there for sure. Ace said he would not be able to make it, has other plans unles we change the d9ate som.e

Iíd sure like to ride Thunder Mountain again one day also.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #75 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via MSN to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via Yahoo to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via Skype™ to TrueGritCruzr
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Thorn661 previously said: View Post
I pulled in and parked in this campsite Friday for a few minutes, beautiful area with a ton of Aspen.

I have a portable flushing toilet for camping, holds 5 gallons of waste and actually flushes using a pneumatic flusher. You can get one on the Amazon for about 60 bucks.

CC would revoke my man card if I got one of them fancy flushing toilets.

Thorn661 and CabinCruiser like this.

Thanks,
Dan
KD0VVS
post #76 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via MSN to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via Yahoo to TrueGritCruzr Send a message via Skype™ to TrueGritCruzr
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
skersfan previously said: View Post

Dates can be flexible but someone needs to tell the trees.

Not sure of my plans but will be retired so I might be available for some additional recreation.

Thanks,
Dan
KD0VVS
post #77 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
TrueGritCruzr previously said: View Post
Dates can be flexible but someone needs to tell the trees.

Not sure of my plans but will be retired so I might be available for some additional recreation.

My trip to the Maze is September 17-25. As much as Iíd like to make this I wonít ask you to change the dates as you might miss the fall colors. But itís also too bad I have to miss it as I believe Iím the only one who did the first two. But that doesnít seem right. I went to one in Ouray and only Noe Ramirez showed up. It was raining so we moved to Moab where we got plenty more rain. Then last year we gathered in Silverton. So that makes this one the third. Is that correct?

TrueGritCruzr likes this.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #78 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:12 AM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Quoted: 3337 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
So that makes this one the third. Is that correct?

I'm guessing by the thread title.
TrueGritCruzr likes this.

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
post #79 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:22 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
CabinCruiser previously said: View Post
I'm guessing by the thread title.

Iím questioning the title.

CabinCruiser likes this.

post #80 of 100 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
My trip to the Maze is September 17-25. As much as Iíd like to make this I wonít ask you to change the dates as you might miss the fall colors. But itís also too bad I have to miss it as I believe Iím the only one who did the first two. But that doesnít seem right. I went to one in Ouray and only Noe Ramirez showed up. It was raining so we moved to Moab where we got plenty more rain. Then last year we gathered in Silverton. So that makes this one the third. Is that correct?

The Maze sounds like a good trip too. Maybe if the weather turns bad weíll all go with you.

Thanks,
Dan
KD0VVS

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in