Anyone have problems with all pro - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers Objective feedback on transactions go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone have problems with all pro

Last week I ordered an all pro bumper and sliders. They told me everything would be shipped out that day or Monday first thing in the morning. Monday night a called to find out about a tracking number and they told me they only had sliders in stock and they would have a bumper Wednesday and it would be shipped. Now today I called and they're telling me they have a bumper in stock now but now they have no sliders in stock and it will be a few days before they have them. Has anyone else had this problem with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Anyone have problems with all pro

I have seen quite a few reviews of All-Pro's products and their customer service on this website.
If you search you will find quite a few threads about this.

Based on what i have read here, i will never buy anything from them personally. But that is just my opinion.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
To see what me and Roux have been up to, check out our instagram page: Laytonsky
-Layton

TLCA# 20623
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
There was a recent purchase I made where the website price was inaccurate and I paid the additional to complete the order.

Communication seemed to be an issue since I had to call to check the status of the paid order to discover that I'd "underpaid" several days later, and that the listed price was inaccurate. After, there were several calls to check the status of the order. It shipped yesterday.

The particular item I ordered is only available through AllPro and I ordered as a "get me by" only because another member here has expressed interest in purchasing it from me when I finalize a few things.
Point is, otherwise I might not have based on reads, which shows the power of this forum.

I've had several events recently that I could post about transactions, and misrepresentations (I, the custome, feel) but I weigh it heavily, due to the amount of impact it has.

For what it's worth. I know there was a recent posting of a new addition to staff members family, and a maternity leave was cited in an automated email. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, and owning "small businesses", I'm assuming this can have a huge impact on the daily
operations.

I'm not dissatisfied enough with the transaction to claim that an AP order isn't advisable, all that said. I grant leniency, and have a good understanding of the struggles of maintaining solvency, therefore I offer this as only a factual account of my transaction experience, and nothing more.

Edited: I spoke with Tim at All Pro (I believe) and I will say that when I called, he may not have been able to answer immediately, but he did get an answer, and promptly call me back.

"Sometimes you are actually restricted by what you know. It narrows your vision and doesn't challenge you to find different ways."

-Wikid

"I'm unique... Just like everyone else!"

-Big Turtle

Last edited by Chris Delancy; 12-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
I have seen quite a few reviews of All-Pro's products and their customer service on this website.
If you search you will find quite a few threads about this.

Based on what i have read here, i will never buy anything from them personally. But that is just my opinion.
Sorry to hear that. It surprises me. All Pro has been great in my experience with them. I ordered some sliders from them a couple months ago. They shipped the next day and I received them a couple days later. Kurtis Taylor, Internet Salesperson, also quickly answered my dozens of email questions before and after my purchase. I hope you get your gear soon.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

This is why I buy local or just make my own products.
I've bought from all-pro but I made the 11/2 drive to pick up my item. I spent more on gas then what that part cost but I had it the same day.

*well I spent the same in gas as the part plus 3 hours on the road.... Hemet is 1/2 between BFE and the middle of nowhere!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

I wished I could order local but in canada prices are outrageous for any after market stuff I've always bought stuff from the states I used to race motocross and alot of parts are half or less then half down there.
I called and placed my order I didn't placed it online thats why I'm not really impressed when they told me on the phone they had everything in stock.If they would have told me no we wont have the parts until friday or the following week it wouldn't have been an issue but since they said it would be shipped that day or monday and hasent kind of has me not impressed. That's why I was asking on here to see if more people have had this issue.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)

I've purchased a lot from them over the years and while I can't say it all came in on time, they were always friendly and helpful. They are one of the larger companies providing for Toyota's so its possible that between new staff, the holiday shopping and effect on inventory caused a hic-up.

Like Chris said above, I too have had similar experiences with other vendors. The FJ is smaller niche vehicle and the demand for aftermarket parts is 1/10 that of Jeeps.

Try asking to speak with John. He has always been helpful to me.

-OC

The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Alright thanks I'll call tomorrow and see what he's got to say
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to shadyvito

I had some communication issues when I first ordered. But, I do love my sliders and skids. Next time I order, I'm gonna call them on the phone and place the order.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
tommy219 previously said: View Post
I wished I could order local but in canada prices are outrageous for any after market stuff I've always bought stuff from the states I used to race motocross and alot of parts are half or less then half down there.
I called and placed my order I didn't placed it online thats why I'm not really impressed when they told me on the phone they had everything in stock.If they would have told me no we wont have the parts until friday or the following week it wouldn't have been an issue but since they said it would be shipped that day or monday and hasent kind of has me not impressed. That's why I was asking on here to see if more people have had this issue.
My buddy is a distributor for Elka and the made it so he had to sell at retail or they would drop him!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in