Rigid Industries packaging issue *Not a big deal, just an FYI* - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers Objective feedback on transactions go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Rigid Industries packaging issue *Not a big deal, just an FYI*

Rigid Industries makes fantastic lighting products, and the high quality of their customer service is well-documented on this forum. This is more an FYI post for those buying their products rather than a serious problem.

It appears that there was a bit of a snafu in the box labeling process, and when a local off-road shop ordered me a 10" SR Specter bar, what actually arrived was a box with the 10" SR Specter label and number, but it contained a 6" Specter. My local shop called up Rigid, and they had already received a few other calls today for the same mis-labeling issue, and in classic Rigid customer service style, are overnighting the correct bar to my shop so we can get it installed in time for my trip next week.

TL;DR: Rigid is awesome, but there was a labeling problem. If you're buying a Rigid bar, have your vendor actually confirm the dimensions before shipping.

-Mike

2007 Black Diamond 6MT - Sold
1996 LandCruiser "The White Whale" - OME 3" - Slee ShortBus - Goodyear MT/R 315/75R16 - Warn 9.5xp-s - 211k miles, 5 oil leaks, 4 hub leaks, 3 non-working key locks, 2 unbalanced driveshafts, 1 sunroof leak, and a whole lot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Re: Rigid Industries packaging issue *Not a big deal, just an FYI*

I bought a couple of duallys off Amazon. They were missing the mounting brackets, after a quick phone call they had them overnighted to me. Can't beat that!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)

Some like some warehouse counseling might be a comin' to one or more....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I agree, their customer service and lifetime warranty are top notch. I love my 30" e series bar and will be picking up a single D2 as a reverse light pretty soon.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
To see what me and Roux have been up to, check out our instagram page: Laytonsky
-Layton

TLCA# 20623
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
I bought a reconditioned 40" from Istvan that developed moisture in the lens, do returned to Rigid. They sealed, and 6 months later moisture again.

Didn't expect anything, considering I had bought as reconditioned and was out of warranty. Was waiting until Istvan's schedule cleared (well known spousal medical issues) then planned to send, at my expense, to have sealed again.

Few weeks later, Istvan called to see how it was going, in general, and asked about light. Explained the moisture and he said he'd talk to Rigid to find out how to repair.

Two days later I had a brand new 40" bar sitting on my doorstep. Can't say if Rigid or Istvan's doing, but an excellent, unexpected way to conduct business on both accounts.

All this just reminded me I still need to send the faulty back. Haha.

"Sometimes you are actually restricted by what you know. It narrows your vision and doesn't challenge you to find different ways."

-Wikid

"I'm unique... Just like everyone else!"

-Big Turtle
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)

All good points to know since my D2's which have been through one outing and two car washes are now showing condensation inside the lens. Ill be contacting them when I get back to the states.

The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in