Treadwright no longer recommended - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers Objective feedback on transactions go here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re: Treadwright no longer recommended

Well this is terrible to hear... I purchased a set of gaurd dogs in August of 2014 and they have held up pretty good. This is only the second bad review I have seen, but this claim carried a bit more weight than other complaints. I will not be attempting to try out this "new" company until there is some further research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

You do realize that by August 2014, the company was already operating under the new owners?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As long as people want quality remold built in the USA TreadWright Tires is not going out of business. I ran the operations for TreadWright in South Dakota and moved with the company to Houston, TX. The major reason for moving was to grow the business, which was hard to do where we were, because of the turnover of plant employee's that was a function of our geographical location. At the new facility we have 30,000 more sq/ft, we have purchased new automated equipment, sonic balancers, more bead-to-bead molds, and new automated presses. So, from a quality and productive standpoint we are making improvements. The one that I am most excited about, which has been put into production at 100% last week, is the sonic balancing. We have some top of the line balancers now that will measure a tires round and side to side variance. These machines are dialed in to BMW's luxury car specs. We now check our tires twice, so we should see a great improvement in that area. The one area that was the biggest challenge for us after the move was our customer service. We had a great knowledgable team in SD. Our associates knew their stuff because they all had worked in the plant before. We wanted them to come with us, however we respect their decision for staying. We are a family focused/built in America company and we know family comes first. That being said we have 3 very capable young ladies in our office today who are committed to helping our customers and are diligent in improving the customer service experience at TreadWright Tires. I want to get involved personally in all issues that are unresolved, so if anyone has any comments or concerns, please feel free to send me an email: [email protected] My wife may disagree, but I think I am a good listener.
Also, Please look out for us on TV. We were selected and just wrapped up filming for a short documentary titled "Built-in-America" It usually airs on cable channels like Fox Business News and the Discovery channel affiliates. Once I get details I will post for you all. If you want to see any previous tapings of other facilities google Built-in-America series or Studio1080, they are the production company.
RoverGGM, Woodsman and Thorn661 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 12:20 PM

Considering buying some tires for My FJ and found the treadwright site.

I'm on a limited budget and don't really want to gamble on poor product, but am really interested in supporting a small business with good custom service. So this thread had me bummed out and then excited again, maybe.

Did anyone have any of their issues resolved after David spoke up and commented?

Thanks!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 196 Post(s)

I have never bought from TW but the concept makes a ton of sense from an environmental and cost perspective. Seems like a great company trying to do the right thing, wish them well.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 PM

its 2017 and they're Still in business.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 132 Post(s)

LS,

Did it really take a month after joining the forum to find this thread to make your first post? Most drop in at the new member area first to say hi.
cliffy likes this.

Saving one dog may not change the world. But, for that one dog, the world will surely change forever.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Garage

Something is fishy..
Attached Images

Thorn661 likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in