Prinsu Roof Rack - Terrible terrible service - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers Objective feedback on transactions go here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Re: Prinsu Roof Rack - Terrible terrible service

Quote:
bradleydelliott previously said: View Post
oh, I am in the middle of it...
Got mine yesterday.
No hardware, no back L brackets.

Not wiling to next day hardware.
2 weeks on the brackets... I feel like they are pounding this stuff out on an anvil.

I have been on the mfg side, they need a box or training on how to properly pack long items.
They need to mfg a box for the long side parts.
pdf exploded view would be great, for instructions.
Yep,

I think they could benefit from better packaging. Less headaches and damaged stuff. Mine arrived intact and not bent but box ripped up pretty good. All parts were there. I just looked at the 4Runner install instructions.

Zach sold Prinsu to CBI Offroad out of Boise, ID. Anything purchased prior to Jun 16th was to be handled by Zach. Everything after that date is CBI. Are you working with Zach or CBI to get the rear brackets?

On the hardware, I just replaced all the hardware using tamper proof or safety Torx heads on all items in Stainless Steel and going with thicker washers that wont bend as easily. If you are thinking of going that route, I can dig out all my hardware orders and share with you from whom and what I purchased.

Like I said a number of posts back, Zach was a victim of his own success. People love the Tacoma racks, that is comes in alum using 80/20 type materials and can get it powdercoated for a great price. Other racks are $1K+. The down side is you had a one man part time operation with another job and wife and kids.

You'll get it resolved. FrontRunner ships out their racks quickly. Havent heard great stories about turnaround time on Gobi or Baja. I think Warrior and Rhino Rack have quick shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My point is it's not a complicated design.
Are they really getting 1000 orders per month? If so good for them.
I have been in mfg before, I get lead times, but also know how to mass fab parts.

I would have prob paid $100 more for a proper packing job.

Wondering if they water jet or laser cut parts.
Think about the design, and if you had all the materials and a router table.
You would cut out the part, and then bend the tabs in a brake.
Cut the pre-made alum extrusion.
Then send out to powder coat.
Bag up the hardware and ship out.

I get the side job deal, just to bad he couldn't quit his job and do that full time.
I love those products that only one person makes.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 04:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
bradleydelliott previously said: View Post
My point is it's not a complicated design.
Are they really getting 1000 orders per month? If so good for them.
I have been in mfg before, I get lead times, but also know how to mass fab parts.

I would have prob paid $100 more for a proper packing job.

Wondering if they water jet or laser cut parts.
Think about the design, and if you had all the materials and a router table.
You would cut out the part, and then bend the tabs in a brake.
Cut the pre-made alum extrusion.
Then send out to powder coat.
Bag up the hardware and ship out.

I get the side job deal, just to bad he couldn't quit his job and do that full time.
I love those products that only one person makes.
Hard to be a one man operation even if its a full time gig. I think he was outsourcing nearly all the work for waterjetting/laser cutting, etc. and then dealing with design, pricing, admin, cust service, etc....and only doing when he wasnt doing his other job. Anyhow that was the whole idea of selling it to CBI Offroad. Now he will do design work for them and they can use their infrastructure to deal with all the production, customer service, pricing and fulfillment. Hopefully everyone will benefit (CBI, Zach, customers).

I dont think I ever said he was doing 1000 orders per month - i have no idea, but I would see the group buys at Tacoma World and Toyota-4Runner.org fill up very, very quickly.

Did you say that you are working with Zach or CBI to resolve your hardware and bracket issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 05:01 PM
Forum Superstar

p.s. that is the beauty of competition in America. Nothing's stopping you (with manufacturing/production experience) from doing something similar. In fact, I saw something over at TW or Toyota-4Runner.org where it appears there is a competitive product that is very similar to Prinsu with nice handhold grips on the side rails to pull yourself up.

Every time you see a company with a high demand product and they are having issues means an opening for another entrepreneur to step up and see if he can do better.

FYI....I have no skin in this game. Dont know Zach. Not affiliated in any way other than having looked at the market, the alternatives and decided to buy a Prinsu for the FJ. Daughter's boyfriend bought one for his Tacoma DCSB and loves it. It's a good looking and functional rack on the Tacoma.

Frankly, I am thrilled anyone is even making FJ racks. I know that if I was in that business, the FJ would be very low on my list of marketing opportunities....even more so now that it was discontinued.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
p.s. that is the beauty of competition in America. Nothing's stopping you (with manufacturing/production experience) from doing something similar. In fact, I saw something over at TW or Toyota-4Runner.org where it appears there is a competitive product that is very similar to Prinsu with nice handhold grips on the side rails to pull yourself up.

Every time you see a company with a high demand product and they are having issues means an opening for another entrepreneur to step up and see if he can do better.

FYI....I have no skin in this game. Dont know Zach. Not affiliated in any way other than having looked at the market, the alternatives and decided to buy a Prinsu for the FJ. Daughter's boyfriend bought one for his Tacoma DCSB and loves it. It's a good looking and functional rack on the Tacoma.

Frankly, I am thrilled anyone is even making FJ racks. I know that if I was in that business, the FJ would be very low on my list of marketing opportunities....even more so now that it was discontinued.
Like somebody else had mentioned before, I think it is a get time to be making parts for the FJ. A lot of us are getting them paid off now and can sink that money into mods. Did I mention I just got my lien release last month and have already spent what would have been my next 3 payments on mods?

And yes, about 80% of it was spent with forum vendors!
Chico Scout, Bar3K and Loganbeere like this.

Saving one dog may not change the world. But, for that one dog, the world will surely change forever.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Baddawg previously said: View Post
Like somebody else had mentioned before, I think it is a get time to be making parts for the FJ. A lot of us are getting them paid off now and can sink that money into mods. Did I mention I just got my lien release last month and have already spent what would have been my next 3 payments on mods?

And yes, about 80% of it was spent with forum vendors!
so are all the people with 4Runners and Tacomas. Have you looked at the number of threads and posts over at some of the other Toyota forums? How about on the Jeep forums? If I am somebody trying make it in the aftermarket fabrication business, I am going to focus my efforts on where I have the biggest marketing opportunity first and then move on to lesser opportunities once I have exploited the bigger markets.

Can they make money on the FJ aftermarket parts? I would like to think so, but you are fooling yourself if you think there is anywhere near the opportunity with FJs as there is with other Toyotas and Jeeps, Chevys, Fords, Dodge, etc.

FJs are clearly riding on the coattails of what is happening with other Toyotas (Tacomas, 4Runners, Tundras). Even more so now that they have been discontinued.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
so are all the people with 4Runners and Tacomas. Have you looked at the number of threads and posts over at some of the other Toyota forums? How about on the Jeep forums? If I am somebody trying make it in the aftermarket fabrication business, I am going to focus my efforts on where I have the biggest marketing opportunity first and then move on to lesser opportunities once I have exploited the bigger markets.

Can they make money on the FJ aftermarket parts? I would like to think so, but you are fooling yourself if you think there is anywhere near the opportunity with FJs as there is with other Toyotas and Jeeps, Chevys, Fords, Dodge, etc.

FJs are clearly riding on the coattails of what is happening with other Toyotas (Tacomas, 4Runners, Tundras). Even more so now that they have been discontinued.
So, with that being said ............ if you OFFER a product ....... and you ADVERTISE a product, then fill the orders in a timely fashion regardless if it's for a vehicle that has been discontinued, being discontinued is a totally mute point.
The lack of honest and prompt shipping times and what appears to be "marginal at best" customer support just pisses people off. This is NOT the way to run and build a successful business.

If, I am now a 2nd class customer because I drive a discontinued FJ ..... and I get treated as such, a valid dispute with my credit card company is only a phone call away, the payment is pulled back promptly. It's GOOD customer service on the credit card companies part.
Bar3K likes this.

BrewsterII

Achilles ......
Unequivocally, the most radical, baddest, highly modified 4X4 in my driveway.

"It's not just a truck, it's a 4 wheel drive man cave."

Last edited by BrewsterII; 08-25-2017 at 07:26 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:

Lol, my other rig is an Isuzu. Stop whining.

Steve in MN
Sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
BrewsterII previously said: View Post
So, with that being said ............ if you OFFER a product ....... and you ADVERTISE a product, then fill the orders in a timely fashion regardless if it's for a vehicle that has been discontinued, being discontinued is a totally mute point.
The lack of honest and prompt shipping times and what appears to be "marginal at best" customer support just pisses people off. This is NOT the way to run and build a successful business.

If, I am now a 2nd class customer because I drive a discontinued FJ ..... and I get treated as such, a valid dispute with my credit card company is only a phone call away, the payment is pulled back promptly. It's GOOD customer service on the credit card companies part.
Do you guys even bother to read the thread before posting?

Tell me where I said that its ok to ship slow or provide bad customer service just because the FJ is discontinued. One of the prior posters was talking a good game about how tough could it be and he could make this stuff and do it right. I merely posted and said that the great thing about America is you can put your money where your mouth is and step up and start making your own stuff for the FJ and do all the things that he believed were simple enough.

Then...someone went off on the tangent about FJs and people now havemoney to spend which since their are cheaper. Just merely pointing out a business man's perspective that the marketing opportunity for FJ aftermarket equipment aint what it used to be and isnt nearly as enticing for entrepreneurs as the huge markets for other models where they have produced hundreds of thousands of them and way beyond the limited numbers of FJs.

It's all just discussion and food for thought. I think you are totally taking my comments out of context and reading into them whatever you want.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Do you guys even bother to read the thread before posting?

Tell me where I said that its ok to ship slow or provide bad customer service just because the FJ is discontinued. One of the prior posters was talking a good game about how tough could it be and he could make this stuff and do it right. I merely posted and said that the great thing about America is you can put your money where your mouth is and step up and start making your own stuff for the FJ and do all the things that he believed were simple enough.

Then...someone went off on the tangent about FJs and people now havemoney to spend which since their are cheaper. Just merely pointing out a business man's perspective that the marketing opportunity for FJ aftermarket equipment aint what it used to be and isnt nearly as enticing for entrepreneurs as the huge markets for other models where they have produced hundreds of thousands of them and way beyond the limited numbers of FJs.

It's all just discussion and food for thought. I think you are totally taking my comments out of context and reading into them whatever you want.
Yes, I read it several times.

BrewsterII

Achilles ......
Unequivocally, the most radical, baddest, highly modified 4X4 in my driveway.

"It's not just a truck, it's a 4 wheel drive man cave."

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in