Prinsu Roof Rack - Terrible terrible service - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers Objective feedback on transactions go here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Prinsu Roof Rack - Terrible terrible service

Prinsu has made it right and taken care of me. I won't be removing the post though

On November 3rd I put in an order for a Prinsu Designs roof rack for my 2010 Toyota FJ. I chose the rack because I like the design, look, and functionality it offers. I emailed the owner of the company to find out how long it would take and was told 2-3 weeks. This was the lead time for all the other racks I was considering so I went ahead and bought the rack and corresponding windscreen that has a cutout for my lightbar.

Cut to 11 weeks later and I still have not even received my rack. This is after multiple emails and excuses from the owner of the company. During this 11 weeks he had started and fulfilled a group buy on Tacomaworld.com of 25+ roof racks but obviously couldn’t be bothered to finish my product. In the 12th week I received my roof rack. I still like the design and got it assembled fairly quickly. A few problems popped up though, he sent me the wrong wind screen so now I can’t mount the rack until I get the right windscreen. I also only received enough bolts to attach half of the cross members, forcing me to go out and buy a product that I had already paid for (thinking I would actually be able to mount the rack)

Cut to 17 weeks later and I have not received the windscreen yet…once again multiple emails and multiple excuses about vendors and being busy. So I have had a roof rack sitting in my living room for 4 months with not much hope that I am going to get it installed. I have initiated a return of the product through the credit company and I am expecting it to be an ugly mess judging by the terrible service I have already received.

I am a lifelong diehard Toyota fan and own a Tundra, Tacoma, and FJ…I would have been a great spokesman for this company but after this experience I will be posting about my bad experience on all of the websites…I realize I will be bashed by the fanbois as not supporting the little American made product but this is my only recourse as a customer. I have not received a product that I was promised when I paid for it.
algonaman and jamesepoop like this.

2010 Iceberg
Radflo, Icon, Metal Tech, Total Chaos, Pure, Ricochet, Demello, RPMFab, Rigid, KC Hilites, River Raider, AFE, Superwinch, Level 8, KM2's

Last edited by noxious1; 03-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Prinsu Roof Rack - Terrible terrible service

I think it's reasonable for you to return it for refund unless the vendor makes it right. If after you give the vendor every opportunity to correct it/make it right and still you cannot get a response then it's time for action. Just sucks it turns out that way on a product you really wanted.

Good luck OP!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I had great customer service with PrinSu almost 2 years ago with my Tacoma rack. Timely response, delivery and great product. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

2010 Trail Teams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Garage

Man, I feel ya, mine got sent to east coast by mistake, and then over to west coast to get to me, finally, when I got it, the cross bars were damaged, and I never got anywhere with UPS or the Prinsu owner to get it resolved. So I installed a beat up looking set of cross bars on what should have been a nice new rack. Frustrating for sure. Would have gotten the Baja had I known. I couldn't have sold this thing as new even when it was fresh off the UPS truck. Only reason I don't worry anymore is its up there on the roof where I don't see it all the time. Still bothers me how it was handled, both shipped incorrectly and man handled by UPS.

'73 FJ40: Chevy sb 350 TBI
'84 FJ60: Vortec 4.3 TBI & 700R4
'12 FJC TTSE: ARB front bumper, Warn Zeon 10k winch, Icon Stage 2, RCI'S, 285/17 Duratracs, Prinsu rack, Springtail everything
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

That's pretty sucky, they're a good looking rack.

Your loss could be someone else's win though, see if anyone would want to buy it off you? Post it up in the For Sale area?

'07 Voodoo 4x4 AT
The Big Blue Build thread
Northeast Overland
T.R.E.A.D. Lightly!
KC1JJY

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I like the rack, and I still do. I remember I email/ facebook messaged them like half an year ago, and never hear anything back at all. (but then I found my answer from tacoma world forum, after reading pages of stuff)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage

I'm looking for a rack. Guess I'll steer clear of this one for now.

2007 black cherry MT6 trds 35's snork
2013 TT Cement stock
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

just so everyone knows. Zack from Prinsu reached out to me and has made things right...I am not going to take the post down as I think people should know, but he has taken the steps to fix the issue
algonaman likes this.

2010 Iceberg
Radflo, Icon, Metal Tech, Total Chaos, Pure, Ricochet, Demello, RPMFab, Rigid, KC Hilites, River Raider, AFE, Superwinch, Level 8, KM2's
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)

Glad Zach Scott is working to make it right. It's my impression that Zach is a victim of his own success. His products are so popular on the 4Runner and Tacoma forums they are constantly begging him for a group buy even before the current one has been fulfilled.

To my knowledge, Zach is a one man operation with a family and also works another job. At some point, he probably needs to either cut back on group buys or hire more people and maybe begin doing more in house work. I think nearly all the work is done by outside contractors.

Sometimes when I see the huge demand from Group Buys, I think the vendors would be better off just offering an ongoing forum member discount like something in the 5-10% range especially for the small operators to keep steady consistent business that would support hiring ongoing extra personnel and make business as usual a bit easier.
@ZUNAMI1 ....you might keep your eyes peeled over at TacomaWorld and toyota-4runner.org for group buys on racks. I have seen Baja, Gobi, FrontRunner and the current Rhino Rack group buy in the last 3-4 months. If you like the Rhino Rack products (and they look good to me), the current GB is 25% off. Was considering a RR roof rack for my daughter's 3rd gen 4runner.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

oh, I am in the middle of it...
Got mine yesterday.
No hardware, no back L brackets.

Not wiling to next day hardware.
2 weeks on the brackets... I feel like they are pounding this stuff out on an anvil.

I have been on the mfg side, they need a box or training on how to properly pack long items.
They need to mfg a box for the long side parts.
pdf exploded view would be great, for instructions.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Transaction Feedback for Buyers/Sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in