Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Need help! 4WD not working!!

39K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  HERSOG 
#1 ·
So i went to go in 4WD today and the light on the dash didn't indicate i was in 4WD. I further confirmed this by shifting in 4WD and making sharp turns. No binding.

Now I did try 4 Low and it does put the transfer case in low range, but still no 4 low. Test drive confirmed this. The rear locker even works. So any ideas? Oh, and when i put it in 4 low the slip indicator does light up. Also, no idiot lights are on, and he drive's just fine in 2WD. Thank's guys!

#35 ·
All done and just as described in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed. I suppose if I keep the truck as long enough I'll use the crowfoot wrench again the next time the switch fails. I can now bask in the little yellow light's warm glow.

Socket $25 from Amazon (Snap-On Tools link above is dead). Mechanic wanted $150 to replace it.

Label

Auto part

Auto part Fuel line Pipe Tire Pipe insulation

Auto part Door handle Metal

Hello little light!

Gauge Speedometer Tachometer Auto part Measuring instrument

Reactions: debFJVT
#36 ·
All done and just as described in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed. I suppose if I keep the truck as long enough I'll use the crowfoot wrench again the next time the switch fails. I can now bask in the little yellow light's warm glow.

Socket $25 from Amazon (Snap-On Tools link above is dead). Mechanic wanted $150 to replace it.

View attachment 276729

View attachment 276697

View attachment 276705

View attachment 276713

Hello little light!

View attachment 276721

@PNutts, how did you figure out what switch was bad? Was it just a guess?

My 07 is having the same problem...will go into 4L but no light (locker will engage no problem, however A-trac won't).

#37 ·
It would be good to know what switch was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.