Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Looking for Aftermarket Transmission 07FJC 6-speedM/T any thoughts?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BAMF-FJ 
#1 ·
All,
My Tranny is stuck in first so I'm going to re-built it or get a new or used one, but before I do I just want to check the prices on Aftermarket Transmissions. If there are any to even be had... I have a 6-speed M/T 07FJC
So I have spent most of my day trying to find aftermarket Transmissions for the FJ , but I've had no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Joe- "BAMF-FJ:rocker:

#2 ·
I dont think there are any that are plug and play per se....

It is the OE clutches that are made of glass...Cant handle the torque. Upgrade that with a trans cooler and you should be pretty good-to go maybe?

#3 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure it's my forks internally, they are actually plastic and it she gets too hot I guess they semi melt and get weak allowing the clips to fall off at the top where they meet the stick linkage, I'll know more once I crack her open. I did a lil research and anyone running the stock tranny in any race capacity, has ran into this exact problem. So yeah I may be stuck just rebuilding and throwing a cooler on there to keep the temp down. I'm pretty hard on her so I would defiantly understand if heat inadvertently caused the issue. I just don't want to drop 1.2k to get her re-built if she's just gonna poop on me again. Hence why I'm looking aftermarket.

I wonder if there are any Toyota reps in here that could give me more info on their V-8 race motor maybe then they may have a tranny that mates with that.

Bottom line eventually I plan to race her, but just for now I need to get her rolling again...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.