Fj Cruiser Dana 60 By ECGS East Coast Gear Supply. - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Transmissions / Transfer Cases / Traction Aids This area is for discussion, questions and problems with the FJ Cruiser's gear train, including topics on A-TRAC, VSC, locking diffs, gear ratios, manual vs. AT, etc.

98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Fj Cruiser Dana 60 By ECGS East Coast Gear Supply.

First and foremost, special thanks goes to @shannon67 we were texting emailing and talking back-and-forth on the phone since as far as I know he is the only one that has a DANA 60 Lowe pinion, Also special thanks goes to Curtis at ECGS he's extremely knowledgeable and worked very hard to make this happen, so thank you Curtis and Chase. and long story short, I was contemplating for a very long time which way to go and what axle to get, They are many great axle manufacturers out there and all make good axles but the company was also very important for me to consider, specially when it comes to warranty and after sales service. I have my share of dealing with crappy companies when it comes to after sales service and warranties, and I am sure you guys as well. I know Chase the owner of ECGS for few years, and a lot of my off road buddy's have dealt with his company and including myself, and when it comes to off road drivetrain, he is the go to guy. Few years back when we talked on the phone, he told me that he had built a D60 for the Fj and that was that. Fast forward to a week ago I spoke to Curtis at ECGS and some one faster than me pulled the trigger on that D60. So after taking to Curtis and Chase they came up with a quote to build a complete axle for me. the Fj60 will be a complete axle, and when I say complete! I mean with all bearings pressed in and with the baking plate to hold the parking break and calipers and using the stock sway bar and to put the cherry on top, it will also come with the hydraulic steel brake line tubing. The center section will be a Dana-sourced smooth-bottom 60 housing that has more clearance than the 14-bolt (and typical junkyard 60) that you find. Officially this will be serial#1 and it will take two months to build and they do have a full-time engineer on site and he will draw up on the CAD/CAM the axle and all the brackets that need to be welded to the housing.

I have copy and pasted the following from the axle build sheet.

FJ60 REAR
6X5.5 BOLT PATTERN
35 SPLINE OX LOCKER
4.56 DANA SPICER RING AND PINION USA MADE.
Toyota FJ Cruiser Rear Suspension Bracket Set
PINION BOLT IN ASSEMBLY
85999 DANA-SPICER CENTER SECTION USA.
DANA 60 TUBE BUILDER 24 INCH 3.5X7/16 WALL TURNED DOWN TO 3.438/4.700
HOUSING END FJ CRUISER / 4RUNNER
AXLE FABRICATION LABOR
D60 & D61 MASTER OVERHAUL KIT
OX D60-456-35: OX Locker Kit for DANA 60 - 4.56 and up 4 Series Case - 35 Spline - Includes Locker, Heavy Duty and HD Cover USA MADE .
DB COMPLETE AXLE LABOR

Toyota FJ Cruiser, 03-09 4Runner, & Prado Rear Axle Bearing and Seal Kit - Fits Left / Driver Side - ABS - Sold as Each - Includes ABS Compatible Bearing Assembly, Bearing Retainer Ring, Axle Seal, O-Ring, Washer, and Snap Ring.

Toyota FJ Cruiser, 03-09 4Runner, & Prado Rear Axle Bearing and Seal Kit - Fits Right / Passenger Side - ABS - Sold as Each - Includes ABS Compatible Bearing Assembly, Bearing Retainer Ring, Axle Seal, O-Ring, Washer, and Snap Ring

A PAIR OF 35 SPLINE MOSER FORD 9 CUSTOM LENGTH SEMI FLOAT SHAFT USA. (SHAFT ONLY NEED: LUG PATTERN, BRAKE PILOT, BRAKE OFFSET)
CKSA12- ARB MINI COMPRESSOR
ADD ON TO OX LOCKER FOR IT TO BE AiRSHIFT FROM THE FACTORY (ELECTRIC AIR SWITCH):
Kit Contents
* 16.5 ft 1/4 inch Air Line
* 90 Degree Push Lock for cover
* Electric Toggle Switch
* Electric Toggle switch Cover
* Electric Soleniod
* Solenoid Adpater fitting
* Straight Pushlock
OX-DAL-001 - Drive-Away Lock

Here are some stock photos from Chases's shop when FOURWHEELER network was doing an article on ECGS Dana 60. The Fj60 will be similar to this, but with FJ brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. 4.56+ARB locker, Icon Coil Over Shocks+FOX 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Metal Tech tube bumper with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake. Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. Boztech Diff skid 285/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
And Death Valley Is The Place To Be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Fj Cruiser Dana 60 By ECGS.

Good to see ECGS is moving ahead with this. Last I heard it had been shelved.
HERSOG likes this.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
istambull previously said: View Post
Good to see ECGS is moving ahead with this. Last I heard it had been shelved.

I hear you. And yes, it was shelved and now it is resurrected. I guess it wasn't much demand for it. I told Chase if you build it they will buy it. With $4710 shipped to my doorstep I couldn't refuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FAUJI and istambull like this.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. 4.56+ARB locker, Icon Coil Over Shocks+FOX 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Metal Tech tube bumper with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake. Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. Boztech Diff skid 285/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Garage

Looks awesome! You'll have to let us know how fitment works out with the low-pinion on the D60. I'm worried it's so big that it will hit the panhard bar on the FJ. Are you going to be running this with some sort of long-travel rear?
HERSOG likes this.

If you are interested in my build, check it out here: Chaco
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Garage

Is this a new, complete out-the-door product going to be sold by ECGS now? Or is it still a one-off for your FJ?
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

That looks bomb proof!

-B
HERSOG likes this.

2015 Camry SE
2012 Porsche Cayenne
2008 FJ Cruiser
2003 Camry LE (RIP)
2000 Mazda Miata
1997 Camao Z28 383ci supercharged
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
HERSOG previously said: View Post
I hear you. And yes, it was shelved and now it is resurrected. I guess it wasn't much demand for it. I told Chase if you build it they will buy it. With $4710 shipped to my doorstep I couldn't refuse.

Understood. still a sale is a sale and I had cash in hand. Oh well, too late now...
GL with yours. This looks like a SOLID option.
HERSOG likes this.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Garage

And @HERSOG I thought we were planning a Diamond axle, what made you choose this over the Diamond?
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)
Fj Cruiser Dana 60 By ECGS.

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said: View Post
Is this a new, complete out-the-door product going to be sold by ECGS now? Or is it still a one-off for your FJ?

As far as I know any one can order this unit. That is the whole point lol. I know Chase and his crew do top-notch work, and with 5 years warranty this is an unbeatable deal. If you guys have any question for the Fj60 you can call and ask for Curtis he is a good man and extremely knowledgeable about our trucks and the Dana 60.

Iconic_ likes this.

post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said: View Post
And @HERSOG I thought we were planning a Diamond axle, what made you choose this over the Diamond?

I hear you. Diamond will leave me with 30 spline axle shaft and can't go 35 spline.

Bar3K, Iconic_ and CabinCruiser like this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Transmissions / Transfer Cases / Traction Aids

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in