LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: My Utah Adventures

In this video we continue on Fins N Things. This video shows how there is a LOT of sand there so I get to do a little Bajaing and going up on sharp banks. We also encounter a lot of slickrock that is very steep and rocky both up and downhill/ The clouds are worth noting for their magnificence. Notice how a lot of the rock is almost other worldly. There are fantastic landscapes, textures and features not seen in many places. Notice how many times the landscape changes. This video may be viewed at http://youtu.be/Hahx828QxDY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

In this video we continue on Fins N Things. This video shows how there is a LOT of sand there so I get to do a little Bajaing and going up on sharp banks. We also encounter a lot of slickrock that is very steep and rocky both up and downhill/ The clouds are worth noting for their magnificence. Notice how a lot of the rock is almost other worldly. There are fantastic landscapes, textures and features not seen in many places. Notice how many times the landscape changes. This video may be viewed at http://youtu.be/Y7fnY3jMxDk
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

I have updated my playlist for my Utah adventures. If you are behind or have yet to start watching, this is the best way to see them all! Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...REigmi-edezcjH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

In this video we complete our trip on Fins N Things. This video shows how there is a LOT of sand there so I get to do a little Bajaing and going up on sharp banks even more than the last video. We also encounter a lot of slickrock that is very steep and rocky both up and downhill. The light was quickly fading and it was far darker in real life than the video shows. I don't mind admitting I was quite panicked as it got dark I could not see the black marks on the slickrock. It got very dark at the end. It took us another 30+ minutes to get off of Fins N Things after the video ends. We were both quite scared. Our next video finds us in Colorado so please stay tuned for that. Enjoy all the images on this video as well. It is at http://youtu.be/dqx4m6xbiMQ
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

My Utah adventures are complete. I have updated my playlist at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...REigmi-edezcjH and I hope you stay tuned for a few more videos from Colorado that are beginning this Saturday. Please let me know what you think of the weekly updates and consistent programming? I appreciate your watching and feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Great Video! I want to go to Moab real bad!
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

I just posted my latest video from our Utah adventures. However, the last video completed our trip in Utah, but these final 3 are in Colorado. This week's video has us returning to St., Elmo, Colorado, greeting our friends the squirrel, chipmunks and various birds. I also get an opportunity to fly the quad a little bit so we get a few aerials. Please check it out at
and tell me what you think. Thanks for watching and commenting.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

This is a flight I had in October 2014 over Canon City, Colorado at Tunnel Drive. It captures the far end of the city, mountains, the Arkansas river and skyline drive. This is the next to last video from my Utah/Colorado adventure. The video is posted at https://youtu.be/Mi1Ac4BRb_s I hope you like the video, comment, share it and subscribe if you haven't already. I look forward to hearing from you.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

This is the end of our October 2014 Utah/Colorado adventure. In this video you get to see what an Owl Hamburger looks like as well as their shakes. You get to see the park and Arkansas River in Canon City, Colorado and we end it at the Abbey. A place I have wanted to shoot for years. However, this video should serve as a warning to NEVER shoot in 4K on a GoPro 3+. It only shoots at 15 FPS and you will notice it is very jittery so I want this last video to serve as a teaching tool to not shoot in 4K with any GoPro except the GoPro Hero 4. I am so happy for all who have followed this adventure for 5 full months. I am honored you came along for the ride. Please share the series and help me grow my channel. A new adventure will start very soon on the same schedule so please stay tuned. this final video is at https://youtu.be/AGCuLFw7PTg

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Utah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in