Utah State sub-forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Utah 4x4 shops

Hi guys. I saw Ferbys FJ a handful of times in Draper/South Jordan....that's all it took. That swayed me to get an FJ instead of another WK Grand Cherokee.

Is there a preferred local shop to buy All-Pro sliders, etc? If not, I was going to order from PureFJ. Just wanted to see if someone local may have a decent assortment.

I'm down near Low Range Offroad, but it looks like they just have the TG sliders.

I purchased my 08 lifted w/OME, but am looking forward to getting some armor and some MT's soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:06 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6944 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Utah 4x4 shops

I haven't heard of anyone that carries All Pro down there myself. PureFJ is great to work with and so is All Pro though. I had a full load of All Pro stuff on my FJ.

You guys got quite a bit of snow down there. We got about 4-5" around town here in Rock Springs, but a lot more on the hills around us.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

We have finally started winter!! It came pretty late this year. I got my FJ two days before the big storm and it has been pretty good with the BfG AT's.

I want a MT that does decent in the snow offroad. We don't have many days where the commute involves deep snow.

I'll probably just order from Pure and get them sent to my work. Thanks for your response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

For sliders I would give Rocky-Road a shout. Some folks think that they aren't as stout as the others due to them not having as many attachment points. I HIGHLY recommend them (they are located in Heber). My old Jeep XJ had a pair (with only two attachment points) and they were without a doubt worth every penny. I beat the ever living crap out of the sliders and they never bent/etc or were an issue with the unibody construction of the XJ.

For MT tires, I never had much problems with BFG MT KM2's, but there are some great, aggressive AT tires that work well (probably better) for typical Utah road conditions.

All the mods and vehicles I have ever owned.

Anything less than absolute overkill is a half assed waste of time.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Looked at the RR sliders because they were local, but they don't appear to stick out very far. My wife is wanting a step, I'm wanting sliders... I'll give them another look though.

I am looking at the KM2's or the Trail Grapplers. I may end up with some Duratracs but some say they wear poorly.

Thank you for your response.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

i can vouch for the toughness of the RR sliders. I've had mine for about 6-7 years now and haven't come close to scratching or denting them, and I have used them numerous times on obstacles. The ones I have are tucked in close to the body and can serve as a very narrow step if/when needed. I think they make these things out of "trailer-hitch" steel.

Hope that helps, somewhat.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:44 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I have no experience with the DuraTracs on the FJ, but I would imagine that with regular rotation, proper pressures and alignment you would get many miles out of them. With all the positive reviews I cant imagine they would be a regrettable purchase. They are an aggressive AT that definitely was high on my list of potential tires.

I ran KM2's in 255/85-16 and was very happy. I had them siped and had no noticeable problems in all conditions. They weren't the quietest, but for a MT they weren't too bad.

All the mods and vehicles I have ever owned.

Anything less than absolute overkill is a half assed waste of time.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Utah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in