Fall colors 2015 in the Uinta Mountains to the south of me. - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Utah State sub-forum

12Likes
  • 3 Post By BIGGUY
  • 3 Post By BIGGUY
  • 3 Post By BIGGUY
  • 3 Post By BIGGUY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7039 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Fall colors 2015 in the Uinta Mountains to the south of me.

Took a little drive a few days ago to check out the fall colors like I do every year. This is a place about 100-125 miles south and then west of me by road and basically just over the WY/UT border by about 10 miles on the map. Nice day out and I met a couple of vehicles and two semi trucks with stock trailers up there picking up cattle to move them down to the winter pastures.

I was driving slowly down the road as I had just passed a pickup pulling a big camper when I saw this guy off the side of the road. I grabbed the camera with the big lens and it wouldn't work. I grabbed the camera with the wide mid size range and it worked but not enough zoom so I finally grabbed the little point and shoot because it has a decent zoom on it. I got a couple of shots of him. They just introduced wild turkeys into the area a few years ago from what I've read to see if they would stay and build a population. They seem to be doing pretty good. They are hard to get photos of usually because they move very fast and head for the brush. Oh and the camera battery died. The one on the other camera did that a few days before and I forgot to check the other one.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Fall colors 2015 in the Uinta Mountains to the south of me.

A few more.

swamper, Thorn661 and KB2012 like this.

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yet more still....

They were down a few miles off the mountain from the other one and a couple of miles up the road on a private ranch from the campground where I first saw a bunch of them years ago.

These were in the campground mentioned above and are part of the flock they were trying to build back up in the area when I moved down here 30 years ago. I only saw them one or twice and then it was several years before I saw any again. Now it's something you can see quite often. I've seen from one to several at a time. Sometimes they are in the campground, sometimes up on the side of the mountain, and then a couple of years ago there were about 30 of them walking down the road and then they slowly one by one climbed up the side of the mountain and went on their way. Back about 5 years ago I was coming home from Moab and was way over on the east side of the Flaming Gorge Reservoir and came around a corner and almost hit a flock of about 20 of them standing in the road. I'd never heard of them even being over in that area before so it was a real surprise.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

The end.

swamper, 07TxTRD and Red Crow like this.

TLCA #9031
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Thanks. I really enjoy getting out to the different places and it's relaxing for me to shoot some photos and I even get a few good ones now and then. I love to share my part of the world with others just as much as I enjoy seeing their parts too.

TLCA #9031
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Awesome pics
We don't get to enjoy natures beautiful time of season here in Florida

07 Black Cherry 4x4
BBS RD-6 Wheels Nitto LT305/55/20
ARB Bumper
Garmin Nuvi 765t mounted on steering column TOM TOM GPS and XM Onyx radio below AC vent left side
Custom overhead console
Bilstiens 5100 at 2.75 Front/Air Lift 1000 rear air bags
Wilson Lil'l will on custom spare tire rack mount/Cobra 75wxt
K&N Drop in filter
42" LED Roof light bar Front and Back and more all over the place inside and outside
1/2" Bandi Body Lift

In Ten years nobody will remember the details of Caliber,Stance or Tactics.They will only remember who lived. NRA Life member

In a world where seconds counts,the police will be there in minutes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

I'm lucky here in that I can head about 100 miles in any direction and see the fall colors. Right here locally there are a few in some parks and along the Green River and a few scattered areas, but usually here it's green in the spring and most of the summer and then it turns grey and tan for the fall and winter. Not much color in sagebrush and grass. We do have the pinions/cedars or whatever the little trees are, but they stay a dark green year round. Oh and we also get some white in the winter in the form of snow and ice which can be neat to see when the grass and sage are covered in the little crystals.

TLCA #9031

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Utah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in