LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Utah in my life

Exciting, good luck to you and your wife. Will you be in a dry county, it's the only negative I can think of? On the other hand, you can always start brewing your own beer and bourbon!
tsfarling likes this.

The reason why we retain memories is because we are not caught in a time loop. The reason why we are not caught in a time loop is because it is not possible to go backwards in time only forward!
*CurbCrawler fabricated hidden front receiver.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Hi-Lift receiver mount.
*CurbCrawler fabricated SS dual battery tray & Walmart Battery.
*CurbCrawler fabricated 4-Gauge dash pod.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Aux fuse/relay panel.
Gibson cat-back exhaust (Dyno Proven)
Complete set of aluminum skid plates.
Receiver mounted 9k-lb rear winch.
Hayden trans cooler w/electric fan.
Factory rock rails.
Moon roof.
LED fog & backup lights.
Husky mats: front, center & rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

I don't think they have dry counties in Utah but they do have the ol' 3.2 rule like the state I currently live in. Anything higher than that has to be bought at a liquor store and can't be bought refrigerated. Why? Who the hell knows? The fun part is that I have learned how to quickly chill beer from living in a state that thinks you should wait several hours to have a beer. I guess they think it will make them crack down on alcohol related incidences giving people time to cool off. I think it slows down the Darwinism rule, survival of the fittest.

2014 Iceberg FJ, CRAWL Control, Rear Diff. Lock, ATRAC, Eezi Awn K9 Roof Rack, Hella Aux lights, Rear Chase Lights, TRD Ultimate Edition Suspension, TRD Pro 17" rims, BF GoodRich KO2 285/70/17, Eezi Awn 1400 Series 2 Roof Top Tent, National Luna Dual Battery Controller, Optima Yellowtop 34/78 Battery
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Boums previously said: View Post
I think you can have multiple wives out there too. Trout, beer, and women! There's nothing like the streams out west. I started fly fishing in Idaho and I should've never done that.
We lived in Idaho for 7 years before we moved to Oklahoma. Oddly enough, I never owned a true off road rig or knew how to fly fish when I was in Idaho. I'll take that back. I did have a Yamaha TW200 which is a beast of a bike that took me everywhere through the mountain trails.

2014 Iceberg FJ, CRAWL Control, Rear Diff. Lock, ATRAC, Eezi Awn K9 Roof Rack, Hella Aux lights, Rear Chase Lights, TRD Ultimate Edition Suspension, TRD Pro 17" rims, BF GoodRich KO2 285/70/17, Eezi Awn 1400 Series 2 Roof Top Tent, National Luna Dual Battery Controller, Optima Yellowtop 34/78 Battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Quote:
tsfarling previously said: View Post
We lived in Idaho for 7 years before we moved to Oklahoma. Oddly enough, I never owned a true off road rig or knew how to fly fish when I was in Idaho. I'll take that back. I did have a Yamaha TW200 which is a beast of a bike that took me everywhere through the mountain trails.
Gotta get a winston, rep your home state stick.

2007 6spd MT Voodoo Blue
Subwoofer, Roof rack, rear locker
Stock suspension
265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
OEM Rock Rails
LED Everything
Bumper Stealth Bar
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Gotta get a winston, rep your home state stick.
A buddy of mine is endorsed by them! He is a fly fishing guide in Colorado and SE Oklahoma. I need to check them out sometime.

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Quote:
tsfarling previously said: View Post
A buddy of mine is endorsed by them! He is a fly fishing guide in Colorado and SE Oklahoma. I need to check them out sometime.
He should be able to hook you up with some of the finest rods in the game for cheap

2007 6spd MT Voodoo Blue
Subwoofer, Roof rack, rear locker
Stock suspension
265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
OEM Rock Rails
LED Everything
Bumper Stealth Bar
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
He should be able to hook you up with some of the finest rods in the game for cheap
I'll have to ask him about, although, I just got an Orvis Recon with Hydros SLIII reel and my wife is using my old fly rod and reel setup. She might want dibs on a new fly rod setup. It's a toss up. If she gets a new job, she wants a new car so maybe I can get the fly rod after all? Although, I do want a rear bumper with tire swing out, black rims, new tires, and probably $1,000 of other gear for my FJ. I don't know. A lot of negotiations to take place. LOL!

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Her interview was today... (clock ticking in background). She said it went well.
rotorhed1 likes this.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Update: My wife was picked as a finalist and they have flown her out to Utah for her interview. Fingers are really crossed now!

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Don't worry about booze,whenever there is a conference those liquor stores are stocked good! Cedar city is close to the Las Vegas water hole ,Arizona is also an option to get Feuerwasser!

Don't gnaw on live wires when you are bored!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > South West Region > Utah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in