1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5
- Automatic Transmission
- 3.4 V6 engine
- Black exterior with Oak leather interior
- 175,000 miles
- Stereo upgrades: Sony CD head unit with iPod control, Infinity Kappa component front speakers
- Suspension upgrades: Old Man Emu shocks, front Toyota Tundra springs, rear Downey springs with OME trim packers – aprox. 2.5” lift all around
- 265/70/17 Dunlops (20k) on FJ Cruiser wheels
- IPF 968 off road driving lights controlled by a Toyota switch (55w bulb installed, 100w bulb included)
- Synthetic oil since about 75k
Maintenance in the last 2 years (15k miles):
- new radiator (preventative to avoid the pink milkshake)
- new AC compressor
- new timing belt
- new steering rack
- valve cover gasket
- new lower ball joints
- new alternator
- battery 1.5 years old
- CV boots are currently torn, but axles still work. I have two brand new axles in the garage.
- Driver’s seat leather is split on door side. I was planning to put on some Wet Okole seat covers, but seat bottom leather could be replaced.
- Keyless entry does not work.
It has a few scratches and dents (Texas trucks don’t really rust but they do get the occasional hailstone), but this is a great truck. It’s been in my family since it was new in 98, with it being mine since 2001. This 4Runner has taken me to Colorado, New Mexico, and the Texas hill country over the last couple of years. I’m only selling because I found a deal on an FJ Cruiser that I couldn’t pass up and I can’t really justify having two similar trucks. I still have the 16" alloy SR5 wheels if the buyer is interested in those.
Located in Dallas/Ft.Worth
These are from last year, no longer has Duratracs