Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

$10k FJ Rolling Chassis for Sale - FJNewb's Schutzhund Build

14K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  FJNewb 
#1 · (Edited)
Price Lowered to $10k before parting out. A long travel kit installed will run you that much alone.

I've decided to list up my FJC as it currently stands/sits for sale. Basically its a great project vehicle and starting point for the right person. Not enough time to put in to work on it and I'd like to build another SxS pre-runner/racer to support my racing habits instead.

What you are getting is a rolling chassis with no drive-train except front and rear differentials/axles. I had planned to do a built LQ4 swap into the FJ with a 4l80 transmission, so the engine and tranny have been removed

Rolling Chassis with the items mentioned below - $10,000

As she sits now:

1. Camburg Long Travel Front Suspension with clearanced fender wells to cycle 14" of travel.

2. RCV Ultimate Axles and CV joints (including a complete spare)

3. Front differential re-geared to 4.88s with ARB locker installed.

4. 9" rear axle housing with 35 spline moser shafts. Housing already setup for a 4 link/wishbone.

5. Spooled Rear 9" Differential with 4.88s from Just Differentials

6. ADS Coilovers and 3 tube bypass shocks up front. Brand new

7. Plan was to due a trailing arm setup on the rear, so there are a set of ADS Coilovers and 4 or 5 tube bypass shocks for the rear.

8. Fiberglass Fenders and Hood

9. Custom Shrockworks bumper

10. Front end stiffened to minimize flex by tying chassis to bumper. It was the beginning of a full cage and engine cage.

11. Warn Winch with Synthetic line

12. Bud built "tummy tuck" skids which by you several inches of ground clearance.

13. 35 spline rear sway bar and tig welded sway bar arms.

Interior is pretty much stripped out (no seats) aside from the center console which I'll include in the sale. Plan had been to install a cage, but just never got around to it. I've also got an Atlas 2 and NWF Black box which I'll include with the sale for an additional $1500. Also have an option to include the engine package which should make more power than you could desire in an FJC

You'll need to provide wheels and tires as those are already spoken for.

Some photos of it from when it was last running with the yota engine and supercharger.

Sad to potentially see it go, but reality has set in. I barely have time to prep the racer and make it to the races I want to do. Leaves no time for finishing off the FJC or getting out and putting it to use.

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow. GLWS!
Thanks guys. I'd love to finish it out and have a blast with a V8 long travel FJC. Just unrealistic with regards to the time frame it would take and low likilihood I'd actually get to use it.

Can't wait to see your SxS project cnckart. They are an absolute blast.

#8 ·
Wow! Legendary vehicle on this forum! If I had a place for it and the money to build it back up I would be all over it! Sadly not the case. Reading about your rig has been super interesting. Sad to see it go. Hopefully, it's legacy will continue with a new owner on this forum!

-C

#11 ·
Where did you get those extended fender flares?

#19 ·
I've got a buyer lined up for the engine, trans, atlas, blackbox, and all the engine upgrades, so those are spoken for.

Rolling chassis for $15k with the items mentioned below. Although I may sell the rear spool and shocks seperately and reduce the price a bit more.

1. Camburg Long Travel Front Suspension with clearanced fender wells to cycle 14" of travel.

4. 9" rear axle housing with 35 spline moser shafts. Housing already setup for a 4 link/wishbone.

5. Spooled Rear 9" Differential with 4.88s from Just Differentials

6. ADS Coilovers and 3 tube bypass shocks up front. Brand new

7. Plan was to due a trailing arm setup on the rear, so there are a set of ADS Coilovers and 4 or 5 tube bypass shocks for the rear.

8. Fiberglass Fenders and Hood

9. Custom Shrockworks bumper

10. Front end stiffened to minimize flex by tying chassis to bumper. It was the beginning of a full cage and engine cage.

11. Warn Winch with Synthetic line

12. Bud built "tummy tuck" skids which by you several inches of ground clearance.

13. 35 spline rear sway bar and tig welded sway bar arms.​

#21 ·
So if I decide to part it out would anyone be interested in this as a packaged deal?

4. ADS Coilovers and 3 tube bypass shocks for long travel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.