***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified" - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Vehicles For Sale Vehicles for sale. NO DEALERS! You must list a price, contact info and your location. Check this thread regularly and respond accordingly.

 46Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 AM
トヨダ Master
 
CabinCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Keystone, Wyoming
Posts: 6,894
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3370 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Anybody looking for the right deal on the right FJ should stop right here. Nobody knows FJs and their respective values as much as Jimmy. I'd buy it for asking price right now if I hadn't just made some other investments. I still want a 2nd one.

It's a bummer your selling JB, but you won't be disappointed with the 4Runner either. We just bought an '18 in October as I've decided to preserve the FJ some and just not drive it as much. Kinda bums me out to see it just sitting there in the garage ready to go on an adventure but life and work don't allow the freedom that we want to enjoy it as much as we could and will one day. I hope you stick around the forum for your wisdom, knowledge, and genuine nature. You'll definitely have to promote the forum to the new owner.

To the next owner of this FJ: You're getting a steal on this compared to buying a stock one and purchasing and completing the mods that have been done the right way! Enjoy!


R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

It Is Easier To Walk On Hot Coals Then It Is To Walk On Egg Shells...-CC

Member of the month-October 2017
CabinCruiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jimmy-buffett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Quote:
CabinCruiser previously said: View Post
Anybody looking for the right deal on the right FJ should stop right here. Nobody knows FJs and their respective values as much as Jimmy. I'd buy it for asking price right now if I hadn't just made some other investments. I still want a 2nd one.

It's a bummer your selling JB, but you won't be disappointed with the 4Runner either. We just bought an '18 in October as I've decided to preserve the FJ some and just not drive it as much. Kinda bums me out to see it just sitting there in the garage ready to go on an adventure but life and work don't allow the freedom that we want to enjoy it as much as we could and will one day. I hope you stick around the forum for your wisdom, knowledge, and genuine nature. You'll definitely have to promote the forum to the new owner.

To the next owner of this FJ: You're getting a steal on this compared to buying a stock one and purchasing and completing the mods that have been done the right way! Enjoy!
Thanks! The wife's XTerra has been gone for about a week, so I'm starting to get the "let's get this moving along" looks from the wife I've had 3 interested buyers locally and one rejected offer so far, I've got another buyer coming tonight from ~200 miles away to test drive it.

I'm looking forward to the 4Runner! Offroading with a sunroof should be pretty freaking sweet.

As for leaving the forums, honestly I haven't even looked at joining 4R forums and probably won't. Nothing against that community, but I'm just looking at the ownership experience on the 4R differently. It's not an enthusiast vehicle like our FJ is, they're everywhere. I can see mining that community for information, but doing 4000+ posts there, I just can't see it.

Thanks for the kind post I'll still be here, and at FJ Summit, no doubt
Winterpeg, 1esNun, ZerosFJ and 2 others like this.

Want to see what FOUR years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

Join the Colorado FJ Cruisers Facebook page for Colorado mod days, trail runs and other organized events! Not from Colorado, but planning a trip here? Join up, we'd be happy to suggest some offroading locations for you or even coordinate a run with the locals!

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

Complete Guide to Buying and Selling an FJ Cruiser

jimmy-buffett is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 12:59 PM
トヨダ Master
 
CabinCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Keystone, Wyoming
Posts: 6,894
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3370 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

I think that's a wise and solid approach. We had our FJ for years before I joined here. I never knew what a "cult" following was before the FJ. Just an avid off roader with a passion for Toyotas led me to it. You'll like the 4Runner for it's similar qualities and extra cargo space. Sunroof & factory heated seats are nice too!
Thorn661 likes this.


R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

It Is Easier To Walk On Hot Coals Then It Is To Walk On Egg Shells...-CC

Member of the month-October 2017
CabinCruiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jimmy-buffett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Truck just sold and it's staying local! So I'll be able to keep an eye on it

Thanks everybody for the kind words! The 4Runner adventure starts tomorrow, but I'll still be here.

@Hannibal please mark it sold and close the thread, thank you sir

Want to see what FOUR years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

Join the Colorado FJ Cruisers Facebook page for Colorado mod days, trail runs and other organized events! Not from Colorado, but planning a trip here? Join up, we'd be happy to suggest some offroading locations for you or even coordinate a run with the locals!

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

Complete Guide to Buying and Selling an FJ Cruiser

jimmy-buffett is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Joabmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Central Pa
Posts: 2,086
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Quote:
jimmy-buffett previously said: View Post
Truck just sold and it's staying local! So I'll be able to keep an eye on it

Thanks everybody for the kind words! The 4Runner adventure starts tomorrow, but I'll still be here.

@Hannibal please mark it sold and close the thread, thank you sir


Glad to hear and good luck!
jimmy-buffett likes this.
Joabmc is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:35 PM
Forum Superstar
 
SilvFx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Englewood Colorado
Posts: 1,735
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Congrats. What color does the 2018 Toyota 4Runner Premium Offroad come in?

Maybe not 4000 posts, but I'm sure you will be active on the Toyota-4runner.org forum and FJ Forum. I see plenty of other FJ people that are on the 4Runner forum and the TW forum.
1esNun likes this.
SilvFx is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Member
 
dukeyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sand Mountain, Alabama
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Unhappy Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Dang! If I'd, just, joined when I started contemplating buying an FJ last week, I'd be all over this one. I have enjoyed reading all your threads and have benefited from your words of wisdom in narrowing my quest. I plan to buy a 2012 Army green one tomorrow with 38K miles. The only mod it has is 17 in. MTs wheels and Mts 285/70s on it. Story of my vehicle buying life ........barely missing out.
dukeyjoe is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Forum Superstar
 
2010armygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,363
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Congrats on the sale. Looking forward to the 4runner build!

>>>>>>>>>>2010armygreens slow build<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>ArmyGreens M416 Build<<<<<<<<




Garage
2010 FJ Army Green
2014 FJ Iceberg
M416 Trailer
Maggiolina Grand Tour Roof Top Tent
2010armygreen is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jimmy-buffett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
Congrats. What color does the 2018 Toyota 4Runner Premium Offroad come in?
TRD Offroad Premium is just an upgrade package to the regular trucks, you can get them in any color. The TRD Pro's have special colors, I think this year's unique color is a lighter blue (like the 2014 Trail Teams). The wife wanted the truck in red, I wanted navy blue but the wife won. We did wait to see what the 2019 TRD Pro 4Runner color was (Voodoo Blue, I was hoping for Army Green) before buying, but we went with the red.

Quote:
dukeyjoe previously said: View Post
Dang! If I'd, just, joined when I started contemplating buying an FJ last week, I'd be all over this one. I have enjoyed reading all your threads and have benefited from your words of wisdom in narrowing my quest. I plan to buy a 2012 Army green one tomorrow with 38K miles. The only mod it has is 17 in. MTs wheels and Mts 285/70s on it. Story of my vehicle buying life ........barely missing out.
Sorry I missed your earlier posts, glad to hear that you did get the 2012 green one! It was a good buy! Half my miles with plenty of budget left over for essential mods.
dukeyjoe likes this.

Want to see what FOUR years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

Join the Colorado FJ Cruisers Facebook page for Colorado mod days, trail runs and other organized events! Not from Colorado, but planning a trip here? Join up, we'd be happy to suggest some offroading locations for you or even coordinate a run with the locals!

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

Complete Guide to Buying and Selling an FJ Cruiser

jimmy-buffett is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Forum Superstar
 
SilvFx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Englewood Colorado
Posts: 1,735
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Re: ***SOLD***"2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams (NSSE) - automatic, extensively modified"

Quote:
jimmy-buffett previously said: View Post
TRD Offroad Premium is just an upgrade package to the regular trucks, you can get them in any color. The TRD Pro's have special colors, I think this year's unique color is a lighter blue (like the 2014 Trail Teams). The wife wanted the truck in red, I wanted navy blue but the wife won. We did wait to see what the 2019 TRD Pro 4Runner color was (Voodoo Blue, I was hoping for Army Green) before buying, but we went with the red.
Barcelona Red Metallic is a nice color. Biggest problem with any reds or metallic reds is keeping them from fading in the Colorado sun. It can be brutal especially if you have to park outside at work and have it nuked by sun all day. Navy probably isnt much better but will have less fading than reds.

I have a brick red FJ and it is holding up so far and the white roof on the FJ helps limit the horizontal surfaces that take a sun beating. Maybe a full length roof rack to reduce some of the sun exposure and heat generation would help on the 4Runner. Im convinced that white, yellow or tan cars will hold their paint the longest in CO. I have a 1970 Buick GSX in bright yellow that still has OEM paint on it and it sat out in the CO weather for 20+ years. I almost bought a white FJ but my 4 previous cars were white and I wanted to break away from that rut.

White 5th Gen 4Runners....i just cant that Star Wars stormtrooper look out of my head. Enjoy the new ride. I am a big fan of the 4Runner.
jimmy-buffett likes this.
SilvFx is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Vehicles For Sale

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome