Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

DO Rear bumper GB

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  JDEMELLO 
#1 · (Edited)
DeMello Off-Road rear bumper is made from formed 3/16in steel. This high clearance rear bumper offer the most clearance out of all the rear bumpers available for the FJC. The rear bumper also comes standard with rear back up light mounts (back up lights extra) and factory back up sensor mounts. We also fitted the rear bumper with recovery tow points and several flat surfaces to allow for getting to the roof rack or just resting stuff on while in the back of the FJC. The FJC rear bumper is also built as a three piece bumper design to help aid in lining it up to the rear of your FJC.

Shown in optional silver.

Normal price $1050.00 Powder coated.

GB price $875.00

Add a hitch $100.00 (hitches not rated)
Add Acro lights $130.00
Add wire harness $40.00

Please add your name to the list and call to place your order 951-735-4417

See less See more
#6 ·
Questions:

1) when does this group buy close?
2) does price include shipping?
3) is the wiring harness for lights or for towing?

#14 ·
When all 5 are gone, we only have 5 at this price.
Shipping would be extra and depend on where you live, you can expect to pay 89-150 for the lower 48.
The wiring is for the lights.

How does the stock tow hitch fit with this bumper?
Unfortunately it doesn't

Very interesting! A couple of questions:
* what is the weight?
* the finish seems to be different than the normal powder coating used for the front bumper, am I correct?
* will the lights turn on automatically when engaging reverse gear or they need a switch?
I believe it weighs in about 72lbs.

That is correct we changed powder coating it's a slight difference to what we normally use. It's called texture ebony has a better UV rating and doesn't bubble at all!
The lights will need a switch but you can wire them both ways. The harness is for a simple on off switch that will not be automatic.

Its not just the bottom holes, but the front ones too.
Imagine taking two pieces of angle steel and drilling a hole on each side in the same spot. Then sit one angle bar on top of the other. The holes will be slightly off.
Thank you!

#7 ·
How does the stock tow hitch fit with this bumper?

#8 ·
* what is the weight?
* the finish seems to be different than the normal powder coating used for the front bumper, am I correct?
* will the lights turn on automatically when engaging reverse gear or they need a switch?

#10 ·
* what is the weight?
Depends on how you'd wire the back up lights in the bumper. I made my own wiring harness and tapped into the Passenger Side +12V wire for the OE back up light harness to trigger the relay for the lights in the DO bumper. This way, the lights in the DO rear bumper come on automatically when I put the FJ in reverse.

#12 · (Edited)
Why would you have to enlarge the holes? I can see needing longer bolts for the material thickness as you mentioned. It looks like it would bolt up. I just can't figure out why the holes need to be enlarged? I am not that familiar with this rear bumper. :cheers:

EDIT: looked at the pic and answered my own question. The two bottom holes would need to be slotted. The DO hitch gives you higher clearance anyways! :cheers:

#13 ·
Its not just the bottom holes, but the front ones too.
Imagine taking two pieces of angle steel and drilling a hole on each side in the same spot. Then sit one angle bar on top of the other. The holes will be slightly off.

#24 ·
This GROUP BUY IS NOT CLOSED!
Really? You said it would be done after the five listed above were sold. Looks like you have five buyers.

#25 ·
Maybe he meant "NOW CLOSED"

#27 ·
Yeah, probably, but it's a pretty substantive typo that I thought should be clarified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.