All-Pro Slider Group Buy - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Vendor Deals & Group Buys This is a forum for vendors only to conduct group buys and post notices for special deals . Users are not permitted to start threads in this area.

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:28 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Re: All-Pro Slider Group Buy

Hello all,
I just wanted to point out how tough the All Pro Heavy Duty Apex sliders are, based on a hit and run experience I had. I never really thought about passing this on until till I saw the latest GB post.

About a year and a half ago, I was traveling home from work, I came up behind a dark green Cadillac Catera (smaller Caddy made in Germany) that was stopped at a traffic light. This was a four lane secondary road and we were on the left lane. The light turned green and this car immediately drifted over into the right lane then back into my lane, the right lane again and over into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily he managed to correct and get back into the left lane. Naturally, after observing this, I immediately slowed down and so did the 2 cars behind me. Then he would slow down and then speed up. Obviously drunk or high on something. Any way this went on for about a mile and by then I was getting irritated. When he slowed down to a crawl I gunned it and started passing him on the right lane, while I'm passing him, he speeds up and starts drifting into my lane, I have no where to go, trees to the right and his car to left, then bam, he hits me. I feel a couple solid bumps and hear a loud crunch. Right when he hits me I put on the brakes and he speeds off like nothing happened. I follow him and he makes a dash onto the freeway, all the while I'm honking my horn and waving at him. I call 911 and tell them my story and they advise me to get his license plate, which I do, pull off the freeway, give them my location and an Officer will meet me.

So I get out and I'm expecting bent wheels, a deep gash or two on the doors and mangled sliders. To my surprise, there were no cracks, no dents, no bending, nothing wrong other than a little scrape and paint missing on the kickout. I was so sure there was going to be a lot of damage based on what the side of his car looked like. I wish I could of taken a picture of his car. The Apex sliders deeply creased and mangled the side of his front and rear doors and the middle frame below the B pillar. I think the bumps, lurch or jerk I felt was the kickout hitting his middle frame and his rear tire while I was braking. I know luck had a bit part in this as he came in perfectly parallel to my FJ and I avoided any damage. What's really important is the Apex sliders can handle not only trail damage but this type of damage too. Got to love it! "Who's your Daddy, caddy!"

Aloha, J.
All-Pro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Thanks All Pro!!! Its not even the 20th and my sliders shipped already! Will be here the Jan 25th! Cant wait...
All-Pro likes this.

2007 FJC
Ext. Travel Icon CO
RC Springs/Shocks
Daystar 1.5" Rear
All Pro 1.25" Wheel Spacers
1" Differental Drop
Volant CAI
Mastercraft Courser MXT 315/70/17
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Pioneer Avic-140 Navigation
Two - Image Dynamics 15 Subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate 1100a2 & 800a4 amps
Focal K2P Components
Rezs Light bar mount with 50" curved LED
Cobra 75 CB Radio
4ft and 5ft Firestik Antenna
All Pro CB mount
Viper Remote 5806 Security/Remote start
Fluid Film frame
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

I'm in

Thanks Tracy
All-Pro likes this.

~ Dutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
jameykini previously said: View Post
Hello all,
I just wanted to point out how tough the All Pro Heavy Duty Apex sliders are, based on a hit and run experience I had. I never really thought about passing this on until till I saw the latest GB post.

About a year and a half ago, I was traveling home from work, I came up behind a dark green Cadillac Catera (smaller Caddy made in Germany) that was stopped at a traffic light. This was a four lane secondary road and we were on the left lane. The light turned green and this car immediately drifted over into the right lane then back into my lane, the right lane again and over into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily he managed to correct and get back into the left lane. Naturally, after observing this, I immediately slowed down and so did the 2 cars behind me. Then he would slow down and then speed up. Obviously drunk or high on something. Any way this went on for about a mile and by then I was getting irritated. When he slowed down to a crawl I gunned it and started passing him on the right lane, while I'm passing him, he speeds up and starts drifting into my lane, I have no where to go, trees to the right and his car to left, then bam, he hits me. I feel a couple solid bumps and hear a loud crunch. Right when he hits me I put on the brakes and he speeds off like nothing happened. I follow him and he makes a dash onto the freeway, all the while I'm honking my horn and waving at him. I call 911 and tell them my story and they advise me to get his license plate, which I do, pull off the freeway, give them my location and an Officer will meet me.

So I get out and I'm expecting bent wheels, a deep gash or two on the doors and mangled sliders. To my surprise, there were no cracks, no dents, no bending, nothing wrong other than a little scrape and paint missing on the kickout. I was so sure there was going to be a lot of damage based on what the side of his car looked like. I wish I could of taken a picture of his car. The Apex sliders deeply creased and mangled the side of his front and rear doors and the middle frame below the B pillar. I think the bumps, lurch or jerk I felt was the kickout hitting his middle frame and his rear tire while I was braking. I know luck had a bit part in this as he came in perfectly parallel to my FJ and I avoided any damage. What's really important is the Apex sliders can handle not only trail damage but this type of damage too. Got to love it! "Who's your Daddy, caddy!"

Aloha, J.
Thanks for sharing, Now I'm really glad I went withe the apex sliders.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Quote:
The late, great Colonel Jeff Cooper postulated four cardinal rules of gun safety. 1) All guns are always loaded, and treated as such. 2) Never allow the muzzle to point at anything you are not prepared to see destroyed. 3) Do not let your finger enter the trigger guard unless and until you are in the very act of intentionally firing the weapon. 4) Be certain of your target.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Big thanks to All-Pro!
Excited to receive my me sliders!
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:27 AM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 3460 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Cruiser-Bruce previously said: View Post
Big thanks to All-Pro!
Excited to receive my me sliders!
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post some info about yourself and your FJ in this section over here, so the rest of us can welcome you in properly. Enjoy!

Introductions & New Arrivals - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

It Is Easier To Walk On Hot Coals Then It Is To Walk On Egg Shells...-CC

Member of the month-October 2017
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Crap, I missed it!!! 5 days late Allpro?
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

My Apex Sliders minus the fill plates (on request), arrived today and they are beauties!! I can't wait to get them coated and mounted up!

A very sincere thank you to the folks over at All-Pro for this solid deal. Seamless and easy. Would gladly do it again.

Now, *cough cough* about that Roof Rack *cough cough*.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
BAM! Brown Santa dropped these today. Thank you All-Pro team.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170125_212159_1_1485399259341.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	825922  
PCDF and Phunksoulbrotha like this.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Can we still order?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Vendor Deals & Group Buys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in