ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coilovers - Brand New, Never Installed. SoCal - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Want to Sell (FJ Related Items) List items that you desire to sell. More than one of the same item, or sale for continual profit entails the need to become an vendor. Please pm an admin to find out how. List a price and post your location. (no Non-Supporting Vendors allowed)

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coilovers - Brand New, Never Installed. SoC

These are part number 58735, but they also include part numbers 611030 (07-09) and 611031 (2010+) billet sway bar re-locator brackets. They will fit any 03+ 4Runner or 07+ FJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Re: ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coilovers - Brand New, Never Installed. SoC

Quote:
zookifj661 previously said: View Post
I'll help you out here OP, this is a good price for a set of coilovers with resis.

Coilover numbers are the same for 07-09 vs 10-14.
The package number is different because ICON will supply you with the correct sway bar relocation brackets depending on what year.

If this is a question in regards to seeing what year fits what... it is the same for 07 thru 14. Sorry don't have part #. OP can help you!

Info is 100% correct. Thanks for posting!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Price drop, $1140. Want these gone! Will ship anywhere in lower 48 for $30 more. Thats $135 less than the black friday price!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Sorry for being novice about this, but if going from stock, will i need to get UCA, and rear shocks in order to have a proper ride with these coil-overs?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
cancerousbull previously said: View Post
Sorry for being novice about this, but if going from stock, will i need to get UCA, and rear shocks in order to have a proper ride with these coil-overs?
No UCA necessary. It's just for further adjustment but you may need an alignment after raising. At least I would. And plenty of people have upgraded a pair at a time. But it may ride funny due to the soft rear and much stiffer front end
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
jamesepoop previously said: View Post
No UCA necessary. It's just for further adjustment but you may need an alignment after raising. At least I would. And plenty of people have upgraded a pair at a time. But it may ride funny due to the soft rear and much stiffer front end
Not to be contradictory, but I did a double take when I saw this. I double checked ICONs site and they say you need UCAs if you are getting the extended travel coilovers. As far as using with stock rear suspension, you can definitely do that. In fact I did when I first got coilovers and it rides fine. The only problem is when you load the vehicle you may get some "nose up" issues because the cargo will compress the "weaker" rear suspension. If you have relatively light load outs it may not be a problem.
jamesepoop likes this.

AZSANDSTORMER-Slow Build

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, SCS F5, Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/16, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Ft/Rr/Warn, LRA Aux Fuel Tank.

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

The extended travel down may bind the stock UCA ball joint making it the down travel limiter. Possibly shearing it.

You could put some straps on to limit down travel, or do the uni ball UCA, or both as in my case.

KJ6FJC
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
dcoy previously said: View Post
Not to be contradictory, but I did a double take when I saw this. I double checked ICONs site and they say you need UCAs if you are getting the extended travel coilovers.
You're right. I glazed over the "extended travel". D'oh thank you for fact checking. I should have specified that daily driving it is possible as others have done it. But over 2"+ of lift, most manufacturers will recommend the uniball UCA should be replaced to get the reommended safe articulation.

But thane had a good recommendation of the limit straps. Droop is increased approximately an inch. I heard numbers are flubbed all the time so best to measure yourself.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage

so basically these will fit a 08, directly with no hassle? do you by any chance know how much they weigh?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Buy/Sell Section > Want to Sell (FJ Related Items)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in