Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Iconic's Rear Recovery Points F.S.

80K views 456 replies 143 participants last post by  Iconic_ 
#1 · (Edited)
You may now purchase these recovery points on my website: Iconic Fabrication

These seemed to be a success last year, so I'm getting another smaller batch made again. They are CNC laser cut from 1/2" thick steel and press broke at 90 degrees. Made in the USA! This batch will have machined edges making them good for soft shackles. You can still use a regular D ring shackle just fine too. They bolt to the frame using existing weldnuts and can be fitted to either side of the frame, new grade 10.9 bolts are included (anti-seize recommended). They will ship raw steel, that way you can paint them whatever color you wish. I don't have much labor into them myself this time so I'm trying my best to offer them at a low price.

Please check your towing accessories, aux gas tank, and exhaust tailpipe before ordering. Most of the time 2 will fit but sometimes there are clearance issues. If you know for sure you want to purchase these I will ask that you contact me and pay now up-front. That way you reserve your spot in line and I can ship a bunch of them together once I receive them. Its basically first come first served! :)

Minor grinding to the frame may be necessary to get the recovery point to lay flat depending on how clean the frame was welded. Most of them fit fine however. Other than that all you have to do is remove the weak OE driver side tow hook (where applicable) and bolt these in. I believe Australian and Middle East spec FJ's will need minor modifications for fitment but its doable. BTW these also fit 3rd (front and rear), 4th, and 5th gen 4runners.

This batch will have the edges machined as shown:

Hardware accessory

Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Motor vehicle Auto part

I think that's everything. Feel free to PM or post any questions down below. Thanks guys,

-Devon

See less See more
#3 ·
Great job, thank you for doing this! :cheers:

And before anyone complains of Non-Supporting Vendors issues, there are no supporting vendors offering these. This is being allowed, just like the soft shackles were and just like the BeastWagen's part out's.

With the time involved, effort, expense, S&H, etc... the profit margin is negligible and is done for the benefit of the FJC community.

Thank you Devon!

#14 ·
Devon
I can’t believe I didn’t get a pair from you when we had dinner- totally blanked you were the guy making these:(
I’ll take one
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iconic_
#31 ·
If the bumper is mounted well to the frame its pretty much the same. That said, I have shackle mounts on my rear bumper but have been in a scenario where I used my winch with a pulley to pull the butt end of the FJ sideways, was handy to hook up underneath by the frame.

Plus its pretty easy to side load a shackle if pulling at an angle with a rear bumper mount, with my mount you can turn the shackle around and pull at any angle since you don't have to put the pin thru a hole.

So for rare instances its nice to have options.

#35 ·
Bump. 10 more left, that's 5 pairs. They will be finished as soon as the end of this week, or possibly up to two weeks from now depending on their lead time. Thanks for everyone willing to wait for these! As another option I can write down your username if you wanna pay later and I will contact you when they are ready, just PM me and I can reserve your spot.

#41 ·
I'll be sending you guys a PM. For the time being I will hold off on taking any more orders. My supply is running short!

A BIG THANKS to everybody who participated in this round of orders and also for those of you who bought version 1, making this possible.

I still do not have the recovery points in my possession, I believe this week is the end of their quoted lead time. I will contact the shop if they haven't called me back by the end of the week to see where they are at with it. I'll keep you guys posted.

#48 ·
Managed to get ahold of the shop, they are done! I will pick them up tomorrow and start shipping the following day on Wednesday. I should be able to send a tracking number to each of your paypal addresses so keep an eye out! I will also contact those of you waiting to purchase. Can't wait to see them!