Any supporting vendor sell spidertrax spacers? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Wheels and Tires This section is for discussing the different wheel and tire options for the FJ Cruiser!
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any supporting vendor sell spidertrax spacers?

bearbait... you running front and back 1.5's? Stock wheels?

2007 FJ 6MT black -n- black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Forum Veteran

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
VT_RainMan previously said: View Post
bearbait... you running front and back 1.5's? Stock wheels?
Yes, why do you see a problem?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Forum Superstar

^No problem... that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Although, I was afraid to go 1.5" It really rides better, huh? Maybe I'll just go for it and get them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
^No problem... that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Although, I was afraid to go 1.5" It really rides better, huh? Maybe I'll just go for it and get them.
I bought 1.5s for the LC because that is the only size they are made in.

The FJC wheels have a bigger backspacing than the LC wheels. So, my FJC wheels sit much further inward on the 80. With the 1.5" spacers they sit right about the edge of the fender flares, just a little bit narrower.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
To see what me and Roux have been up to, check out our instagram page: Laytonsky
-Layton

TLCA# 20623
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Out of all the mods I've done so far I think I like the spacers the most. Don't get me wrong, as far as looks and ride the 3" OME lift is great and when I find a good alignment shop that knows what it's doing I'm sure the LR UCA's will make even more difference. The spacers just brought it all together. The truck just feels so much more stable now and even at lower speeds it even feels heavier if that makes any sence. At highway speeds ( I usually run it at 70, 75 mph ) I actually relax and enjoy the ride. Just wish I had bought them sooner.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Thanks for the extra info guys... I am definitely putting these next on my todo list.

Layonn... I checked out your build thread to get a visual of what you were saying. I love that picture of Beau resting his head on the back seat. Great look'n pooch! Awesome FJ too!

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Thanks for the extra info guys... I am definitely putting these next on my todo list.

Layonn... I checked out your build thread to get a visual of what you were saying. I love that picture of Beau resting his head on the back seat. Great look'n pooch! Awesome FJ too!
Thanks Man.

He's my parents dog. I have Roux (shes almost 2) and she doesn't the exact same thing! Only, she tends to drool a LOT more so i keep some shop towels in the FJ to wipe her mouth everyonce and a while.

I need to get some pictures of the 80 with the spacers on them. I had some on my camera, but it got stolen last week when someone broke into the FJC.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
To see what me and Roux have been up to, check out our instagram page: Laytonsky
-Layton

TLCA# 20623
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Forum Veteran

I should have mentioned that will need to do the body mount chop or at least I did. Not a big deal but you should be aware of it
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
Thanks Man.

He's my parents dog. I have Roux (shes almost 2) and she doesn't the exact same thing! Only, she tends to drool a LOT more so i keep some shop towels in the FJ to wipe her mouth everyonce and a while.

I need to get some pictures of the 80 with the spacers on them. I had some on my camera, but it got stolen last week when someone broke into the FJC.
Yeah... you should get some pics up. What am I saying, I'm terrible about posting pics on here or even taking pics for that matter. Someday, I'll have to actually get my build thread going. Not even sure I have enough pics to make it worthwhile. Is Roux a golden? I got a boxer... love that dog. I wish he would lay down and chill in the FJ.... he just wants to stick his head out a window so bad. But, we all know how that story ends for a dog and an FJ. haha

Quote:
bearbait previously said: View Post
I should have mentioned that will need to do the body mount chop or at least I did. Not a big deal but you should be aware of it
Oh... good thing you reminded me. I have yet to do this. As I sit now with LR UCA's and 33's, I haven't needed to do it. I'll have to finally get my butt in-gear and get-r-dun.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Yeah... you should get some pics up. What am I saying, I'm terrible about posting pics on here or even taking pics for that matter. Someday, I'll have to actually get my build thread going. Not even sure I have enough pics to make it worthwhile. Is Roux a golden? I got a boxer... love that dog. I wish he would lay down and chill in the FJ.... he just wants to stick his head out a window so bad. But, we all know how that story ends for a dog and an FJ. haha
Yup, my family has had goldens my entire life, so i bought my own, ha. My friend has a boxer and a golden, they play really well together.

A really big part of the reason i went with the 80 was rear windows for the dog (and sometimes passengers). When i fold all the seats up, and open all 4! rear windows, she is in heaven. She actually just runs from window to window loving it up. In traffic people are always rolling down their windows to say hi to her.

-Layton

TLCA# 20623

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in