Help! I can't decide what wheels/tires...going crazy!!! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Wheels and Tires This section is for discussing the different wheel and tire options for the FJ Cruiser!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Full -N- Down

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Help! I can't decide what wheels/tires...going crazy!!!

Level the front, chop the body mount and get some 285's Rim size is your choice, but the larger the rim the fewer choices you have in a tire. If you have a roof rack, lose it and get a 3" lift.

2007 Black Diamond | 6MT | 4x4 |Trail-Gear Sliders | BFG MT KM2's 255/80-R17 | Icon Stage One 3" Lift | Camburg UCA's | Body Mount Chop | All Pro adjustable rear LCA's | Lucrum Winch Mount W/Light Bar | Hella 500 driving lights | Warn M8000 winch | Ramsey Wireless Winch Controller | Wet Okole seat covers | Yaesu FT-8800R | Garmin Nuvi 350 | This isn't a "build", simply a bunch of parts I put on my FJ so I could beat the living [email protected] out of it | No fancy pics or contributors and no attempts to "buff" out pinstriping or dents! It is what it is, a great all around vehicle that's a blast to drive anywhere, regardless of the dents and scratches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Hankook has a new tire that looks like it tops my list of "next tire", you may want to check it out. Looks like it performs better than most and is less expensive.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ok-m-rf10.html

“Since you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.”

Davy Crocket

My Rig: - well, that was my rig...

TLCA Member # 20540
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Have you considered a level lift???? It's enough to bring the nose up....What about 275? I am not sure but I think their are AT's in that size....wouldn't mean anymore than maybe an inch or less in total height. Remember leveling only brings the nose up...Not the tail....No "total" lift. I am still leaning towards 16's myself but I like the old school look of less wheel and more sidewall. If you use the tire size calculator you can see exactly what difference in height you will gain or lose by changing tires. I swear I use that thing twice a week anyway when I find a different tire size to check against my stockers.

Tire size calculator

'07 FJ, C package, 5A, Ti

mods so far
Mod, mod, and more mods and it still looks way to friggin' stock.....grrrrr

Love my truck.....Love my forum

http://www.fjnortheasters.org/forum/

The Northeastest Northeaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
NBFJCruz previously said: View Post
Have you considered a level lift???? It's enough to bring the nose up....What about 275? I am not sure but I think their are AT's in that size....wouldn't mean anymore than maybe an inch or less in total height. Remember leveling only brings the nose up...Not the tail....No "total" lift. I am still leaning towards 16's myself but I like the old school look of less wheel and more sidewall. If you use the tire size calculator you can see exactly what difference in height you will gain or lose by changing tires. I swear I use that thing twice a week anyway when I find a different tire size to check against my stockers.

Tire size calculator
Thanks, that tire size calculator is a cool tool. I've considered the leveling, but doesn't the stock off set increase the aerodynamics and increase the MPG?

'16 TACO TRD4x4 Offroad Double Cab....

[SOLD]'08 BD, 2.5 SAWs, TC UCAs, Rocktek Tube Bumper, Rocktek Sliders, ATX Thugs, 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro MTs, M-PAC Back Rack & Straddle, aFe Hi-Tuck, TRD CAI, Big Bill Combo, Diff jock strap, Agent Skulley Shifter, Custom Charcoal Canister
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

LOL.....I think the word aerodynamics and the letters FJ should never be allowed in the same sentence or thought. I have not changed wheel or tire since my lift install and I hit almost dead on level all the way around (measuring to the fender flare straight up over the hub of each wheel) I forget what the exact measurement was but it was oddly the same at each wheel as I recall.

But to answer your question, with stock wheels and tires I did not see any change in MPG at all.

'07 FJ, C package, 5A, Ti

mods so far
Mod, mod, and more mods and it still looks way to friggin' stock.....grrrrr

Love my truck.....Love my forum

http://www.fjnortheasters.org/forum/

The Northeastest Northeaster
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

What wheels did you end up getting?

Chris

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in