Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Anyone running KO2s in 295/75r16 with BMC but no lift?

10K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Sparky of NWO 
#1 ·
Did a search but found nothing regarding this specific tire and size... I'm aware of the tire various stickies on the subject, but also know there are many tires that are exceptions to the rule.

The KO2 in a 295/75r16 is 33.3" tall and 11.6" wide... Hoping to get away with a BMC but no lift... :wink

#4 ·
If it helps at all, I have the Ko2's in 34x10.5r17 on the SEMA TRD wheels and an Icon Stage 2 kit and they rubbed on the body mount. Not sure where you're sourcing rubber but Discount was willing to test fit both sizes I was considering before I made my decision. Seems to me any reasonable shop would, so long as they have those sizes in stock.

#5 · (Edited)
It will work pending UCA clearance. Offroad you will probably rub if you stuff a tire, but with a body mount chop you should be just fine for the day-to-day. I drove around 295/75/16s Grabbers on stock wheels (truck leveled) with no BMC for about a week. I could only turn the wheel one revolution but it worked!

The 34x10.5x17 isn't a comparison. That's like a 265/82/17. So narrow you don't get the same problems.

#6 · (Edited)
I have a buddy who did this.
We live in the mountains of Colorado and drive on forest roads. He was fine on hardtop, but when every he had to turn steering to full-stop, esp in reverse, he had bad rub.

He debated between spacers and BMC. A neighbor with skills and a grinder solved it for him.

Don't risk $1K+ without the right clearance. And Don't ruin the suspension geometry with spacers

IMO, Either get proper off set wheels or get a BMC, if you'll be doing any off roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for this. Glad it worked out for him... So once he got the BMC he was okay? Or did he need to get levelers or a lift? My truck is a TTUE, so the front comes leveled from the factory... I don't go in for crawling, it's more of an overland build. That said there are ruts, bumps, etc. etc... Similar to fireroads in Colorado. Since, in fact, I'll mostly be on fire roads in California, ha ha. Wondering about top-of-tire clearance, issues with bottoming out, etc...

#9 ·
So I called an audible at the last minute and went for some Firestone Destination MTs in 285/75r16. They're 33.1", so on the larger side for that size. They fit great, no rubbing I could discern on my TTUE.

I had Destination MTs on my Jeep, they were pretty great. A very aggressive MT that also has good highway manners.

Looks great on my truck. Been a busy week with the new tires and new stereo. I'll post some pics soon in the "what did you do to your FJ today" thread...

#11 · (Edited)
I wanna get 295/75r16 KO2s on my 11 TrailTeams but I don't currently have a BMC and I'm skeptical about it. I have a King 3" lift kit that's only lifted about an inch right now but I'm adjusting it higher. I'm putting the tires on the TRD Bronze beadlocks and was wondering if the tire will rub the mount at any point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.