Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Thinking about getting Milestar Patagonia mt 285/70/17

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Supasta 
#1 ·
Only hangup is they are 60 pounds per tire. Will that make my FJ work it's butt off to go down the road? I've read lots of threads but getting a definitive answer would be greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
You will notice the weight difference if you are going from a SL tire to an E rated tire but it is not drastic. The Patagonia tires get some good reviews as do the Yokohama Geolandar G003 tires.

I happen to be running the E load rated Yokohama Geolandar G003 tires on my wife's FJ Cruiser in 285/70R-17 size. They have been a solid tire for the last couple of years. You can tell the difference in weight initially going from SL tires to E rated tires but I don't really notice it much any more. I'm sure it does effect mileage some but it still has plenty of power.

Please let us know if we can answer and questions or help you with the purchase of your next set of tires.

#4 ·
I have these same tires & size on our ‘08 FJ. I will not be buying them again. Way too noisy going down the road. Seriously, like headache racket after an hour on the freeway. Below 35 MPH they are not bad. However, 55 MPH+ forget it. Bummer because they look great, have awesome rim protection and work well in mud/rock/sand. Just way too noisy for me. Just sayin’

#5 ·
My truck doesn't care! I love these tires

This is a bit more current, lol. This is why I bought the tires, SNOW traction is incredible

So badass man.

Reactions: IDFJ
#7 ·
I installed Falken AT3W's on another vehicle our family owns, and its a nice tire. I really like my Patagonia M/T's though. I won't be rock crawling or anything, but I've bombed down rutted out muddy roads, plowed through the first real snow of the season with ZERO issue, and I've felt them handle impeccably well on the highway just as much as a regular street. Great tire. The weight is inconsequential to the performance that I could notice in my 2012 model. I'm sure its there, but I can't feel it. I was expecting them to be much more noisy than I'm hearing, and yeah they make noise but its not grating (to me.)

#8 ·
Weird to hear ya'll like these tires on snow. I bought a set last spring and I love the look, and they're great on dry road, but I HATE them when it rains. I feel like I'm slip-sliddin' all over the place. I was planning to take them back off before it starts snowing.

Interesting :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Dan

#9 · (Edited)
what size? I haven't noticed too much in the way of slip-sliding. I will skid a bit when it just starts raining, but when it gets soaked, no issues. The tires themselves are grippy IMO. This would be on gravel and pavement / asphalt. As for snow, I'll defer on judgement on how good they do in the snow until I get a few more good storms with more inches of the stuff. In what I went out in so far, it was flawless in that. I didn't even need 4WD, but shifting to it made the truck incredible. Keep in mind, this is my first 4WD truck, I'm used to slipping and sliding in a sports car. LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.