Wheel Backspacing for 35s - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Wheels and Tires This section is for discussing the different wheel and tire options for the FJ Cruiser!
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

I know its from June, but bump...i wanna hear this too. pro comp 3.75? or wheelers. Did u get the wheels yet?
amojohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular
 
5Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stateline, LA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

I got the 16" pro comp rock crawler (87-6883t) 16x8-3 3/4 backset mounted with BFG KM2 315/75R16. The truck has a 3" OME lift and a Demello bumper. I put 2" spacers under the rear bump stops. I have the slightest rub at extreme flex inside rear wheel wells. I am verry pleased with the out come. Will post pictures tomorrow.

2007 -VOODOO 4x4 AT, CQ, GY, RB, UR, 5A, Z2, C7, LOJACK

Mods Listed at AFJ4x4.COM
5Greens is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular
 
5Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stateline, LA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Found a couple pictures to post tonight. More to follow.


2007 -VOODOO 4x4 AT, CQ, GY, RB, UR, 5A, Z2, C7, LOJACK

Mods Listed at AFJ4x4.COM
5Greens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Quote:
5Greens previously said: View Post
I got the 16" pro comp rock crawler (87-6883t) 16x8-3 3/4 backset mounted with BFG KM2 315/75R16. The truck has a 3" OME lift and a Demello bumper. I put 2" spacers under the rear bump stops. I have the slightest rub at extreme flex inside rear wheel wells. I am verry pleased with the out come. Will post pictures tomorrow.

sweeeeet. Thats exactly my setup. Nice. Now I just need the wheels and tires. Ive got the demello as well with a winch. That setup is damn heavy though. Im starting to think that the 885's are too light, and might move up to the 886. By 3" OME, is that what you meant? Any spacers up front?


Love the set up man. Time to buy me some new wheels and tires.

Thanks
amojohnny is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Forum Superstar
 
VT_RainMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Do you think 4" would clear the UCA's? In other words, do you have more than a 1/4" between your inner tire and the UCA's?

I want to get wheels in the near future... with the hopes of being able to go to 35's in a year or so. Just trying to get the right wheels now. The wheeler's with the 4" backspacing seems like a good deal.

2007 FJ 6MT black -n- black
VT_RainMan is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Forum Veteran
 
lomuchacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Backspacing:
Also called rear spacing. Distance from extreme back edge of
rim, not bead seat, to the mounting pad. Lay a straight edge
across back edge of rim and measure down to mounting pad.

Wheel Offset
The distance from the wheels centerline to the plane at which
the wheel meets the hub. Positive offset is toward the outside
of the rim, negative offset is toward the inside. Zero offset is
the center of the rim.



IF IT DOSENīT RUB, YOU NEED BIGGER TIRES



Visit us at facebook
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...07116346028818
lomuchacho is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Forum Superstar
 
VT_RainMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Quote:
lomuchacho previously said: View Post
Backspacing:
Also called rear spacing. Distance from extreme back edge of
rim, not bead seat, to the mounting pad. Lay a straight edge
across back edge of rim and measure down to mounting pad.

Wheel Offset
The distance from the wheels centerline to the plane at which
the wheel meets the hub. Positive offset is toward the outside
of the rim, negative offset is toward the inside. Zero offset is
the center of the rim.
I'm not sure if you were directing this to me or not? Thanks for the lesson though. I kinda knew that... not that I ever get it right. I know if I have less backspacing the wheel will be pushed out further from the hub? I just wanted to make sure I get the right amount.



You can have a zero offset and still have your backspacing change everything? A zero backspacing would push the wheel out 8" from the hub if it was an 8" wheel... am I correct?

I guess I'll make my own measurements and stop being a lazy butt asking dumb questions.

2007 FJ 6MT black -n- black
VT_RainMan is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular
 
5Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stateline, LA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Quote:
amojohnny previously said: View Post
By 3" OME, is that what you meant? Any spacers up front?


Love the set up man. Time to buy me some new wheels and tires.

Thanks
Yes the lift came from Toytec 885s with ToyTec Top plate spacers for 3".

Quote:
VT_RainMan previously said: View Post
Do you think 4" would clear the UCA's? In other words, do you have more than a 1/4" between your inner tire and the UCA's?

I want to get wheels in the near future... with the hopes of being able to go to 35's in a year or so. Just trying to get the right wheels now. The wheeler's with the 4" backspacing seems like a good deal.
There is 1" of space between UCA and tire. Spare tire fits on back just touches bumper I think the 1/4" might cause a problem there. I choose the Pro Comp wheel over the Wheeler's because Wheelers would not answer questions via email before the sale so I was concerned that if a problem came up during or after the sale we might of had communication issues. Shipping also increased over-all cost, but I really wanted "White" wheels. The local Pro Comp dealer did not charge extra for shipping and could test fit before sale.








2007 -VOODOO 4x4 AT, CQ, GY, RB, UR, 5A, Z2, C7, LOJACK

Mods Listed at AFJ4x4.COM
5Greens is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Forum Superstar
 
VT_RainMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

^ Thanks for the post and pics 5greens.... that's exactly what I needed to know!


2007 FJ 6MT black -n- black
VT_RainMan is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wheel Backspacing for 35s

Quote:
5Greens previously said: View Post
I got the 16" pro comp rock crawler (87-6883t) 16x8-3 3/4 backset mounted with BFG KM2 315/75R16. The truck has a 3" OME lift and a Demello bumper. I put 2" spacers under the rear bump stops. I have the slightest rub at extreme flex inside rear wheel wells. I am verry pleased with the out come. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks 5greens. Just ordered me 5 87-6883t's. Apparently the t means toyota specific to clear the calipers. Can't wait. Thanks for the advice.
amojohnny is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome