Some Gorilla Lugs and Locks Questions - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Wheels and Tires This section is for discussing the different wheel and tire options for the FJ Cruiser!
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Some Gorilla Lugs and Locks Questions

I am getting new wheels and plan on getting black Gorilla lugs and locks. Gorilla's website is overwhelming. I searched through the forums and had a couple of questions.

In addition to the key for the locks, is a special wrench required? I read in one thread that a Gorilla wrench was required.

Are getting all special locks in place of lugs overkill? A guy at 4Wheel parts recommended I just get all locks.

What's the main difference between the Acorn and Acorn bulge? In general, are these interchangable? The wheel manufacturer said that I need a lug with a 60 degree conical. Both the acorns at Gorilla's website have 60 degree conicals.

Should I get a smaller hex? I assume that the smaller the hex, the easier I can fit the wrench without scratching up the wheels.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Re: Some Gorilla Lugs and Locks Questions

I would purchase one lock for each rim, as far as I know the special key loc has a standard size end that will fit your lug wrench same size as your other lugs and the other end the key for your keyed lugs. Most lugs are the acorn type that centers the rim to the hub. You can buy narrower or longer lugs if you like, you can still scratch things if your not careful or if you use air impacts to remove or replace.

If someone really wants your rims they will be gone in a new york second, most theives have universal lock sets....

Fabtech 6" 20'BBS
Cooper STT 37" M/T,2:00 spacers,Bushwhackers,Toy All pro M-1 bumper,All Pro Air Dam & sliders PIAA 540
Snorkal, Manik tailight guards,Midland 75-822, Bandi 3' fire stick, K & N filter,Locker on demand, ATrac hack, VSC & DRL switches, TRD Cat back, Scuba Mod, Garmin Nuvi, BlueSeas 6 fuse block,10.5K Recon Winch,Dual battery,leather seats,dual factory DVD players, Diamond trim, Source 10lb, Rubber mats. Swingout bumper,Mad Dog armor, EBC rotors,TRD pads,T-Rex grill,Yukon4:56
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Forget the locks......as FJ6high stated, if they want them they can have them in a second. The lugs just need the key....no special wrench is required.

Here is what you want.

Search Results for 21133BC - SummitRacing.com

Search Results for 21132BC - SummitRacing.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ASHGK8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000AM2E9S&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15BQJRWECG630SEQBA4T

and if you still want the locks.

Gorilla Automotive 71631NBC - Gorilla Wheel Locks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NSBCruiser

I have black gorilla lugs and locks. I actually called them to order. They have a 5 lock kit for all your rims and they are keyed a like. I haven't had any problems. They still look new, no rust (2 years old). And they have a lifetime warentee.

As for the locks...they may slow the bad guys down a little.

Call them up and they will know what lugs will work with your FJ's wheel and tire package.

Here is the size that I got.
12mm x 1.50 acorn

Check out this thread too: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-lug-nuts.html

'07-AT-4X4, BD, OME Heavy Lift, 285/70-17 BFG KM2 on OEM Steelies w/Hella TPMS, Safari Snorkel, SCUBA Mod, Factory Air Dam w/Off-Road Lights, SAS Fog Lights, Factory Bumper AUX Lights, Hella Matador Work Light, Blacked out exterior/interior, White Bezel w/FJC Forum Badge, Headlight Stone Guards, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 w/Bluetooth/IPod/Rear Camera, Block heater...to many to list

The NSBCruiser build up.
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...b-cruiser.html

Last edited by NSBCruiser; 11-18-2009 at 09:20 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thanks guys.

I plan on getting locks as a theft deterrent and to slow the bad guys down. I know that if someone wants something they'll get it. But whatever I do to prevent it will give me a sense of security. That's why I lock my doors.

So I'm guessing you guys don't have to use a special wrench?

Chris
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM

These guys carry them.
Custom Toyota Wheels from Wheeler's Off-Road
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Forum Regular

It's not a special wrench, but there is a special socket...it's easy, though. If you get dealer or shop work done you just leave it with them and they use it no problem.

Basic: Titanium Silver, conv package, upgrade 1, all-weather mats, & towing package.

Mods: OME Medium setup, 16" Konig Countersteer Offroads, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, DO Hybrid Sliders, Gobi Stealth, Wet Okole seat covers, FJOEL Battery Clamp, TT Badge, blacked out front bezel, much stickers.

"I will see you there, or I will see you on another time! Laters on the menjay!"

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in