Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Deb that’s some great info I didn’t realize you were testing that out when I recorded you climbing hell’s gate! That’s awesome now it’s on my wish list right after belly armor!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great review thx! ... curious if you have super charger? I am wondering if there is a time for super chargers and stock? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Great review thx! ... curious if you have super charger? I am wondering if there is a time for super chargers and stock? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! One of the reasons I went with a Raptor tune was because I wanted to avoid some of the negative side effects of a supercharger...additional maintenance, possible shortened engine life, especially given my rig’s mileage (168k mi)...but never say never, right? :rofl: But by all means, do get supercharged, add Raptor and post up about it - we’d all love to hear about that!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
What about the $300 Pedal Commander vs the $1300 Raptor?

·
Desert Moderator
5,671 Posts
What about the $300 Pedal Commander vs the $1300 Raptor?
Pedal commander and its ilk don't give any additional power or torque. They just magnify the input of the skinny pedal, so when you've pushed the pedal down 50%, the pedal commander tells the ECU 100%. The rest of the travel is just dead space.
The Raptor is an ECU and transmission remap. (Timing, mixture, VVTI, shift points...)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is that graph provided by Raptor, or was it your FJ on the dyno?

Edit: Nevermind, read the description.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Me: [sighs] I want this SO BAD!!

>:D me: Buy it! Only $800!! Cheap, lasting FUN!!

Me: But I need new tires.

>:D me: Not until next Spring, doofus.

Me: Christmas! Christmas comes before Spring!

Wife: Get off that computer and wash the dishes!!

Me: [speaking softly to myself] (Yes, Christmas is coming in less than sixty days) [Smile grows largely across face]

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Me: [speaking softly to myself] (Yes, Christmas is coming in less than sixty days) [Smile grows largely across face]
:rofl:Ho Ho HO! And the exchange rate may well be more favorable in December so tell her seven hundred-something >:D

I just picked up my FJ after getting it undercoated and let my mechanic drive it post-Raptor...by coincidence he had just done a stock 07 FJ so had an active comparison beyond just remembering how mine was months ago. He was BLOWN AWAY....said he couldnt believe how sweet the handling (in town) was and could definitely see how it’s beneficial offroad :blueblob:

·
トヨタ Master
5,832 Posts

I tend to fantasize on the rare occasion of doing the dishes as well.

·
Admin
6,588 Posts
So, how about this for an FJ with stock gears, 33" tires, and hundreds of lbs of extra steel added onto it?

·
トヨタ Master
5,832 Posts
So, how about this for an FJ with stock gears, 33" tires, and hundreds of lbs of extra steel added onto it?
How have you not broken more stuff the way you drive now? >:D

·
Admin
6,588 Posts
How have you not broken more stuff the way you drive now? >:D
I don't msg you EVERY time I break something ya know!!

Ok, maybe I do.....

:shrug03:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts