Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link or steps to convert 2010+ washer bottle for 07-09? I'm really not wanting to drop $200 for the Exp1.. Can't seem to pull anything up

Thanks

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi,
Got your PM.

All you need is this: 2009 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER Parts - Toyota Parts - Toyota-Parts.com

I am not sure what part number it is.. or get the bottle from forum vendors, up to you :)

Make sure you pick the right one, one is for front and rear washer and one for just front one.

Dremel and .. that`s it :) All other parts will come off your original bottle. You will need to cut out about 1/3 of battery mount on the pass side, so bottle will settle all the way down. All mounting holes are in place to mount it, no brackets reqired. Small dremel does the job pretty easy. Remove old one first, then measure and cut. Pull pumps out of original bottle, pop them into new one... and that`s it. Relocate electric, water lines and you are good to go. No need to cut water lines, just disconnect them by the elbow, you will see what i am talking about when you pull them out :)

Just for the reference.. i cut too much, picture attached, red line is where i cut it, white line, is what really needs to be cut.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,
Got your PM.

All you need is this: 2009 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER Parts - Toyota Parts - Toyota-Parts.com

I am not sure what part number it is.. or get the bottle from forum vendors, up to you :)

Make sure you pick the right one, one is for front and rear washer and one for just front one.

Dremel and .. that`s it :) All other parts will come off your original bottle. You will need to cut out about 1/3 of battery mount on the pass side, so bottle will settle all the way down. All mounting holes are in place to mount it, no brackets reqired. Small dremel does the job pretty easy. Remove old one first, then measure and cut. Pull pumps out of original bottle, pop them into new one... and that`s it. Relocate electric, water lines and you are good to go. No need to cut water lines, just disconnect them by the elbow, you will see what i am talking about when you pull them out :)

Just for the reference.. i cut too much, picture attached, red line is where i cut it, white line, is what really needs to be cut.

Good luck! :cheers:
Can you upload again de picture ?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts