Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got a new to me 07 fj. Has a newish set of 265 bfgs on aftermarket 17x8 wheels. Looking to upgrade the suspension then stepping up to 285’s or 295’s. What’s my best option for a daily driver with about 20% off-road max. I’ve read the 3” is the max front lift without effecting control arms and keeping alignment in spec? I was debating on 5100’s on top notch with bilstein rear 1.5” coils. I’ve also ran across a pretty new 3rd gen Tacoma TRD front shock and spring, UCA and sway bar. I can’t find anything to tell me if it will fit and how much lift also. I can grab these for $250.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would like to keep it under 1k for full suspension. I’ll also be using and Mx hauler to haul my sons ktm 85 around. Roughly an extra 200lbs on the rear. Plus maybe 100 more for gear. I know the stock springs are pretty soft. Looking to replace with some small loft springs and possibly helper bags.

·
Premium Member
12,204 Posts
200 lb KTM on the MX hauler will behave more like 500 lbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My current plan is bilstein 5100 all around. 4th notch up front. Rear 1.5 Bilstein springs. If needed I’ll go helper bags in the rear to help with the bike. I just don’t want crazy sway on a 2 hour trip to the Mx track. Worst case I could always get a small trailer just trying to avoid that. I’ve seen the springs that have increase load ability but that’s for a constant load. Don’t want it to ride like crazy until the bike is back there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts