Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 FJ Cruiser Solid Axle swap Build on 40's

Going from the long travel front setup to a solid axle in the front, dynatrac pro rock 60 axle in the front and a Rock Jock D60 in the rear both at 71 inches wide, 4 Speed Atlas transfer case, 40 inch tires, King 12 inch coilovers front and rear. The work is being done at RockSolidToys In Anaheim, CA Wyatt is the man to talk to Phone number (714)460-3491 Email: [email protected] it's a great shop. I have been in and out as much as I can to assist and learn from the genius that is going on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame plating on the front has been completed.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next getting the axle set in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Setting up the hoops and brackets to mount the 12 inch king coilovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of the cutting and bending in the wheel wells to make room for the hoops to fit and tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Very cool...what's the set up in the front/back...3 link/4 link? I went with a 3 link in the front and leaf springs in the rear. We re-geared to 5.13 front and back. Both front and back have ARB lockers. If you have any questions let me know.

john

Reactions: Boosted FJ

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 link front and back, arb lockers geared st 538 for the 40s and 4 speed atlas inplace of the stock transfercase. It will be out at summit this year.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Looking fantastic. Also would like to know which shop did you take it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
The work is being done at RockSolidToys it's a great shop. I have been in and out as much as I can to assist and learn from the genius that is going on here.
Looking fantastic. Also would like to know which shop did you take it to?
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Looks fantastic!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Their website doesn't have an address anywhere that I could find. The only contact info provided is an email address. I nosed around elsewhere and deduced that they're located in California. Since the OP is from Colorado I was a little confused as to how his FJ wound up in California.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The shop is called Rocksolidtoys it's located in Anaheim CA and the contact info is 714-460-3491 ask for Wyatt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the reason I ended up at Rocksolidtoys in Anaheim CA is because after extensive research I believe that they are the best shop for this type of Major modification and it was worth extra travel time. The experience has been as expected great and I have not regrets. The FJ is moving along as planned and is expected to be done the first week of June. Rocksolidtoys has had many featured vehicles in magazines and they do great work. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sean

1 - 20 of 152 Posts