Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new fj owner here

I have an 07 Fj TRD special edition with a (i believe mk1?) URD supercharger kit: c30-94 rotrex, 7th injector, URD 2.85" pulley, liquid-air cooler, borla exhaust.

1. How much boost is it running
2. Should i get a dgital boost gauge
3. Anobody have wideband and boost on URD steering column gauge mount? thoughts on that setup?
4. Gonna get the trd rock rail steps should i do two in the front or 4?

prob the most fun suv ever driven. doesnt beat my e36 m3 tho :satan:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
PM Gadget on this forum, or email [email protected] or [email protected]. It will all go to Gadget. He knows everything force inducted for Toyota, and of course every minor detail for all the stuff he sells. He'll answer all your questions when he can.

And by the way, that setup might not beat your m3, but it's possible. I have raced and beat stock e36 m3's with my setup. Current config is MKII URD Supercharger kit with LT Headers, Y pipe, and aFe high tuck cat back. Pushing 369whp on 4x4. Just FYI :browsmiley:

-Speed

·
Registered
817 Posts
i am running the same setup as you. but magnaflow exhaust, front cat delete and dt headers.

my truck is probably around 6000lb with 5.86 gears and 40's and it gets up and moves!

I would get a boost guage, i have a digital guage installed in place of the factory immobiliser light.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Oh yeah, my bad, forgot to answer any of your questions. I got so caught up in my selfishness. Sorry about that.

I agree with Cruzer, get some gauges. From personal experience having no gauges, I am going to add both a digital boost gauge and a digital AFR gauge. I just like to be sure everything is running correctly. I have been throwing a lot of lean/rich CELs lately and can't fully figure out whats up. Having the gauges just helps to know its nothing major.

And digital obviously keeps everything in the engine bay, etc. and not in the passenger bay.

P.S. Cruzer, I saw your rig for sale on Pirate...99% of what you have done is the exact route I want to go. Lots of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh yeah, my bad, forgot to answer any of your questions. I got so caught up in my selfishness. Sorry about that.

I agree with Cruzer, get some gauges. From personal experience having no gauges, I am going to add both a digital boost gauge and a digital AFR gauge. I just like to be sure everything is running correctly. I have been throwing a lot of lean/rich CELs lately and can't fully figure out whats up. Having the gauges just helps to know its nothing major.

And digital obviously keeps everything in the engine bay, etc. and not in the passenger bay.

P.S. Cruzer, I saw your rig for sale on Pirate...99% of what you have done is the exact route I want to go. Lots of luck with the sale!
I am also running the URD markIII kit on my FJ, DTLT's, Y-pipe and trd caback. I've gotton some lean codes several times but was able to contact Gadget and get an updated file for the X-1. But it's still new and trying to get all the bugs worked out..:rocker:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did you guys do your own installs on the URD supercharger? I have family somewhat close to their shop and curious if they'd do the install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you guys do your own installs on the URD supercharger? I have family somewhat close to their shop and curious if they'd do the install.
Yes, me and a friend installed mine. I'd say the hardest part of the install for me was making sure I got the cam gears aligned properly, that goes along with the X-1:bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts