Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started my FJ and noticed VSC off, VSC TRAC, ABS lights all on the dash.

Ran my OBD2 reader with the lights on and no codes?

Pulled the negative post left unhooked for 30 mins still on.

While driving they would go off and back on, now on all the time.

Didn't know where to post this, so sorry.

My question is, could it be a wire, a wheel sensor, of wiring inside as I had the drivers kick panel off.

I am just worried going to the Dealer, as my last visit was pricey, and I don't want a replace the parts to find the problem ordeal again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go to the Dealer.

Thanks
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Runs as normal, only idled low for awhile when I pulled the battery lead.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
With no check engine light and the lights staying on after terminal removal I'm going to guess a loose or disconnected ABS sensor connector or a broken ABS sensor wire. Any recent wheeling that may have caused damage to wires? If you go to an Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, and other auto part stores they may be able to read ABS codes to narrow down the problem.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I agree with @gearwrench. There could be some corrosion on the plugs going into the ABS/wheel sensor. Unplug them all, clean em, and then start the truck again. Do the easy cheap fixes first before you take it to a mechanic/dealer and get charged up the wazoo.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
So I started my FJ and noticed VSC off, VSC TRAC, ABS lights all on the dash.

Ran my OBD2 reader with the lights on and no codes?

Pulled the negative post left unhooked for 30 mins still on.

While driving they would go off and back on, now on all the time.

Didn't know where to post this, so sorry.

My question is, could it be a wire, a wheel sensor, of wiring inside as I had the drivers kick panel off.

I am just worried going to the Dealer, as my last visit was pricey, and I don't want a replace the parts to find the problem ordeal again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go to the Dealer.

Thanks
Randy
You probably have a code that your code reader isn't picking up. Many code readers only read OBDII Generic codes. It could be a wheel speed sensor or it could be many other things. As a test disconnect a wheel speed sensor and drive it around the block. Does it set a code that you can see? I would get it scanned with a professional scanner to find the exact code. Otherwise you will be just shooting in the dark.:wink

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I have a Scangauge2, and a Torque OBD2 app, for the codes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of an update to my warning light problems.

I used a power washer to spray down the areas where the wheel sensor are, and filled up with gas.

Now all the warning lights are out??

Going to wait a few days to see if they come back,

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 13 of 13 Posts