Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
O
Hello, I'm currently shopping two 07's. They are very similar except that one is an automatic and the other is a manual. The auto has 147k and the manual has around 125k. I'm leaning towards the manual. Is anyone willing to lend me their thoughts? Thanks.
Offroad only use id go for MT but if you’re also using it for your daily commute, like me, and you’re gonna be sat in traffic I’d go for AT. Or just get them both 😂

·
Registered
36 Posts
I looked all over for a manual and finally bought one ~2mo ago, 2013 TT in Cement Gray. Here's my build thread.

Why did I want the manual? For the Torsen AWD system. To my knowledge, this is the only manual AWD Toyota truck ever delivered to the USA. But the Land Cruiser, 4Runner (Limited) and Sequoia have Torsen with automatic trans. Read more about the Torsen Center Diff here.

I live at 8500’ in the mountains of Colorado 2mi deep on a dirt road. We have hard packed snow and ice covered roads ~5mo out of the year, and the full time 4wd is a total winner. Especially with studded snow tires.

The AWD system is very predictable and shines in mixed conditions. If I stuck to mostly pavement I’d consider an auto, but I’m very happy with my 6MT decision.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts