Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 Toyota FJ Cruiser,
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 07 for 2 years. Started mods this fall. Enjoying the mud and trails and rocks. Swamped it recently in a 4.5 foot hole of water. That's been fun cleaning up. HA!! Last issue to clear up is the new whine in the AC pulley. Sounds better when the compressor kicks on. Clutch works. Compressor works. Blows cold. Changed out the Alt, starter and 3/4 idle pulleys. Runs great. Looking for some help with the OEM AC Pulley. Is it replaceable? Or do I have to replace the whole clutch assembly, or the whole compressor? Haven't found any existing threads that help. So should I do that here? Or in another part of the site.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I'm no expert but I'd think you could press the old bearing out and put in a new one. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert but more of a "Well, THAT didn't work" kind of expert....

·
Registered
07 Toyota FJ Cruiser,
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert but I'd think you could press the old bearing out and put in a new one. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert but more of a "Well, THAT didn't work" kind of expert....
Thanks, I think I'll pull it and see what I find. I think I found the bearing for it. Now to find something to hold the pulley while I strip the bolt with a 12pt socket. Ha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts