Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to purchase a used FJ, assuming the mileage were similar, which model is better, if any? Are there any improvments that were made between the model years of 07 and 08?

Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The 08s have side curtain air bags standard and I think the side visors are only in the 08s. If you want a Sandstorm, (the tan color)and you should, they are only 08s.
I'd go with an 08 if these things matter to you.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A few changes i can think of are the 08 has window visors on both sides, side curtain air bags, the rear diff lock atrac fix at least it is on the all terrain package models. im sure there are more changes thats all i can think of off the top of my head right now.

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
As far as problems...they were fixed early in the first run.....07/08 are the same truck execpt for:
side visors
side air bags
tire presure sensors
atrack/locker work together(easy fix on the 07)

That's it......later model 07's had the better rear diffs and the window seal was fixed early in the game....

Buy what you want ...they're mostly the same...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Go with the later 07 models, cuz then if you ever want to up grade the wheels and tires you won't have to deal with swapping the tires sensors. Also all the other stuff in the 08's can be put on the 07's except the airbags.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have a late 07....you can use ATRAC and rear lockers with it......it has side airbags.....I purchased the side visors for an 08 and put them on my 07 cost about 50 bucks....the ONLY differance between mine and the 08 model FJCs is the tire pressure monitors in the wheels that the 08s were required to have....personally, I don't want them......I owned an infiniti g35 with tire pressure sensors and hated them.......temperature changes will cause the tire pressure light to come on due to the pressure in your tire being less when they are cold.....i would say that a later 07 is the same as the 08s.....the only reason i would go out of my way to get an 08 is if you wanted sandstorm.......you may wait a couple of weeks to see what the 09s bring.....who knows maybe a new color that you like better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts