Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Sears Platinum are Odyssey batteries; there are many threads. I've used both, and Sears Platinums are identical. Many here use Optimas, although their quality, in the eyes of some, has declined.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Been crankin' on the original Battery since 4-1-07. I have been thinking about replacing it before it dies but it still cranks strong.....
My 2007 TRDSE went six years and 100K.
I changed it for other new Toyota original equipment battery, for $100 or so, it is better to get a new one on your own terms, not when it leaves you stranded.
Also a weakened battery is not good for the starter, another very reliable Toyota part. Gm

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
02/06 Build, so my stock battery is coming up on 7 years old with no problems. I don't want it to die in the middle of nowhere, so I bought insurance for the battery. This came in the form of a DieHard Platinum that stays in the rear of the FJ for when the stock battery dies. Now with the Diehard ready to go at any time, I know my stock battery will go for another 2-3 years. That's the beauty of insurance, when you have it, you don't need it. Great stock battery though!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
02/06 Build, so my stock battery is coming up on 7 years old with no problems. I don't want it to die in the middle of nowhere, so I bought insurance for the battery. This came in the form of a DieHard Platinum that stays in the rear of the FJ for when the stock battery dies. Now with the Diehard ready to go at any time, I know my stock battery will go for another 2-3 years. That's the beauty of insurance, when you have it, you don't need it. Great stock battery though!
The longer your stock battery lasts the shorter the life of your new Die Hard battery. :) Did you think about that? LOL

21 - 27 of 27 Posts