Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I'm Anthony, a Pharmaceutical QC Chemist from Morgantown, WV. I'm an avid cyclist who races mountain, road and cyclocross. I also love camping and hiking with my crazy yellow lab mix Tsali. Just decided to trade in my '07 Subaru Impreza on a certified preowned '07 FJ (built 05/06). I've been lurking for a while researching the purchase...but since I've decided to take the plunge I thought it necessary to actually register and get involved in the community.

I'm taking delivery of her either tomorrow or Monday... I can't wait :)

The first mods I have planned are painting the bumpers and wheels matte black and trying to figure out a rook rack option (have Thule cross bars and bike carriers....just need a new base)

·
Premium Member
17,001 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome! Voodoos Rule

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't get to pick it up yesterday :(

I'm going up tomorrow after work to get it.. I'll be sure to post some more pictures when I do...

Hey Brockster... what does your FJ look like? I've probably seen you around town...

·
Registered
322 Posts
it's just a stock black diamond 6MT. Have some aftermarket sliders and added some driving lights on the bumper, thats it. I just picked it up in October, getting married in June so I'm not allowed to do any expensive mods.... :mecry:

I see your into mountain biking. My fiancee started getting into it this year, did you do the 2x12 at Big Bear this summer?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's just a stock black diamond 6MT. Have some aftermarket sliders and added some driving lights on the bumper, thats it. I just picked it up in October, getting married in June so I'm not allowed to do any expensive mods.... :mecry:

I see your into mountain biking. My fiancee started getting into it this year, did you do the 2x12 at Big Bear this summer?
Yeah i hear you on the mods...i'm getting married in July actually..haha!

Trying to come up with some inexpensive stuff to do in the meantime...

I actually didn't do the 2x12, I haven't really done much in the way of endurance races... I'll probably try a few this year though. I did the majority of the WVMBA series, and all of the ABRA/APCXS series (with the exception of the Hilly Billy..which i'll tackle this year)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome... I just picked up our FJ last week. We'll be doing mods as well. I'm in Columbus not too far from WV. I'll be hitting trails up with it this summer.... as for getting married Congratulations... to the both of you. I'm a photographer and go to tons of those a year. Enjoy your FJ, they are a blast to drive!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome... I just picked up our FJ last week. We'll be doing mods as well. I'm in Columbus not too far from WV. I'll be hitting trails up with it this summer.... as for getting married Congratulations... to the both of you. I'm a photographer and go to tons of those a year. Enjoy your FJ, they are a blast to drive!
Thanks dude :) Maybe i'll see you out there...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Already have the first semi off-road trip planned for next weekend

My buddy with a new 2011 JK, and a couple of other friends with Jeeps want to go check out the Olson Observation Tower near Thomas WV in the Mon National Forest... off of US-219. We'll go up there and probably try out a bit of FR-18 as well...weather permitting.. Then swing up to the Purple Fiddle for some food afterwards....

Even the fiancee sounds stoked for it... should be fun :)

Olson Observation Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
322 Posts
Being a photograher, you should be going mod crazy with all the money you bring in. :lol: I think the guy doing ours wanted $900 for a few hours.

Already have the first semi off-road trip planned for next weekend

My buddy with a new 2011 JK, and a couple of other friends with Jeeps want to go check out the Olson Observation Tower near Thomas WV in the Mon National Forest... off of US-219. We'll go up there and probably try out a bit of FR-18 as well...weather permitting.. Then swing up to the Purple Fiddle for some food afterwards....

Even the fiancee sounds stoked for it... should be fun :)

Olson Observation Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've been there a long time ago. Those roads are getting less traveled every year, they are getting very thick and brushy. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Not sure if you have one of these or not, but might be handy.
Mon National Maps I've been wanting to get one for Ohio and PA, see what all they have to offer.

I've been wanting to go up to Green Ridge State Forest in Maryland, believe it's around the Cumberland area. I think it's like a 15 mile orv loop. Wanting to go and having time to go are 2 different things.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good call on the map. I feel like I have one around somewhere but it would take me days to find it (might be at my parents) I actually used to have a topo-map of the entire area as well. Not sure where it is either. Ive never been to green ridge, but cumberland's not too bad if a drive so I'll have to check that out as well.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome... voodoo is my favorite color

1 - 20 of 26 Posts