Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed fj radio in my 87 4runner, no prob . problem is I am now trying to get the aux plug to work.
i have the oem plug from the fj, and ive attached a 3.5mm panel jack to this.
I cannot get the radio to recognize that there is something there to switch to aux mode. I have searched every where on this toic and no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but did you switch the head unit to auxiliary mode?

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Did you also get the Noise Filter that goes in between the adapter and the radio?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not get that part out. I guess i was wishfull thinking it would work with out it? Thanks for the info maybe I can locate this thing and try and remove it. any suggesions as to how to get to it?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Nope, I don't even know what it looks like. I just saw it on the wiring diagram and it sounds like the only variable between a stock setup and yours, so I figure that's probably the problem. There should be a 4-wire wiring harness from the radio to the noise filter (condenser) and then a 3-wire wiring harness from the filter to the input jack. It sounds like you could use any stereo input jack (3 wires) but you'd need the other harnesses and the noise filter (I think it's part number 86516-35030 but I'm not 100% sure).
RADIO RECEIVER & AMPLIFIER & CONDENSER. Fits: FJ CRUISER | ToyotaPartsOverstock.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpeedRye Youve been a big help. after your last post here I went snoopin in my wifes FJ and found the noise filter. I installed an aftermarket stereo in hers and we have no use for the jack or the filter. I did leave her jack Dont want to make the missy mad with hole in her dash. I had already purchased a jack from Radio Shack. Its all hooked up and sounds great. Thanks again. and also a big thanks to Landcruisersteve for this write up.http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...uctions-w-pics.html?highlight=console+removal
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Happy to help! It makes it a lot easier to have an FJ around for parts doesn't it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No doubt. My wife was a bit worried when she walked out to the shop the very moment i was removing her noise filter. Hey but all is good we got to clean out pennies and dimes and crumbs from under her console.LOL. Thanks again man..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts