Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or been able to use a 2008 Key Fob with the 2007 FJ?
There was a discussion late last year and it died out.
Anyone?:zlurking:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My contribution to the good of the community!!!!:)

08 key with built in alarm/door transmitter works on 07 FJ Cruiser. Part # is 89070-60B61.

Programing instructions were previously provided by StHarris on 8/20/07"Keyless remote programming". I have not tested the instructions as the dealer programmed the key for me but they appears to be the same as what the dealer did.

Enjoy

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sweet, we have any vendor prices for that part or did you just get it from your local dealer?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the 08 key fob?

I have a 2007 and it would be nice if I could "upgrade" to an integrated key/door transmitter!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sweet, we have any vendor prices for that part or did you just get it from your local dealer?
I bought it from the dealer @ $150 including programming and cutting the key. I'm sure there are cheaper sources but I went with my local dealer who tested the programming before I had to buy it.

Anyone have a picture of the 08 key fob?

I have a 2007 and it would be nice if I could "upgrade" to an integrated key/door transmitter!
I don't have a pic but I did provide the part number...three buttons in a triangle..base by key = lock, left away from the key = unlock and right away from key = panic. Red LED to the upper right of the lock button. Backside is blank except for the Toyota logo in gold. No FCC or IC number or manufacturer listed on the outside

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
It won't work as in with the oem VIP alarm or 08' key on an 07'? If the latter than I thought rwerth7 said it worked & his dealership programmed it?

I'm pretty sure the VIP alarm has no bearing on the matter - the alarm just works off the doors being locked/unlocked by RF, and I think that's all the transmitter is doing....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It won't work as in with the oem VIP alarm or 08' key on an 07'? If the latter than I thought rwerth7 said it worked & his dealership programmed it?
The 07 key and fob are the most basic toyota key setup. The 08 has a key sensor in the ignintion as the 07 does not. 07 uses a 12bbx radio feq so you can only use that feq fob the newer keys use a single fob and i forgot the feq but it is not the same as the 07 FJ. I would love to know if things have changed because i hate the 2 part fob

·
Registered
222 Posts
Following is what I've tested:
1) Lock button locks all doors and turns on the indicator light to thr right of the head unit (outline of a car with a key in the middle). After about 30 seconds the indicator light beginns to blink. Lights blink
2) Push unlock button once and the driver's door is unlocked and indicator light goes out. Lights blink twice.
3) Push unlock button twice and all doors unlock. Lights blink twice
4) Key unlocks all doors and starts the car

I have the VIP alarm system. I assume it operates independent of the remote, either the 07 or the 08 remote. (If I'm wrong please let me know!)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok guys...you have me confused. Is the 2008 key fob compatible with the 2007 FJ? Rwerth7 says he bought the 08 key fob and had it programmed for his 07 and it works fine. Then tincan says he has already played the game and it don't work. Then tincan says it will work with both??????
Easy question...if one obtains a 2008 key fob can it be programmed to work with the 2007? Gracias

·
Registered
222 Posts
ok guys...you have me confused. Is the 2008 key fob compatible with the 2007 FJ? Rwerth7 says he bought the 08 key fob and had it programmed for his 07 and it works fine. Then tincan says he has already played the game and it don't work. Then tincan says it will work with both??????
Easy question...if one obtains a 2008 key fob can it be programmed to work with the 2007? Gracias
:) :) :) I'll make this as clear as I can.....IT WORKS.....:):) :)

Not sure what issues the other guys are having but I have used it for all functions...starting the car, locking the doors, unlocking the driver's door, unlocking the rest of the door and the panic button

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) :) :) I'll make this as clear as I can.....IT WORKS.....:):) :)

Not sure what issues the other guys are having but I have used it for all functions...starting the car, locking the doors, unlocking the driver's door, unlocking the rest of the door and the panic button

Thank you now I can try to locate a 2:) 08 key fob.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
if the 08 has the same RF code it will work after doing some SEARCHING i found that the ONLY the 08 fj fob will work because it uses the same RF. I had tried using a single key for other toyota's and the codes did not match. this of course was before the 08 fj key was on the market... hope things get a bit clear

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Where's the cheapest place to buy it (part # 89070-60B61)? So far the lowest price I've found was $152 through Toyota of Dallas online parts website. I really want it...but I don't think I can justify $152 (plus tax since I'm local) for it. Thx!

BTW, here's the programming instructions:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/34096-keyless-remote-programming-instructions-inside.html
I have a dealer acct and get parts at a discount i'll go see

1 - 20 of 37 Posts