Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have a dealer acct and get parts at a discount i'll go see
TinCan

any luck with a price on the 08 key fob?
Gracias

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
That's it.. Right out of my pocket.. What exactly is it that does not look good about it? The other one does look ricer.. Don't like the red button?:cowsmile: :cowsmile: Ron

Is that the actual 08' key?!? :huh: I thought it was this one that looks much better:

If that 1st pic is the 08' FJ key then this would work perfectly w/it to make it look nicer:

eBay Motors: 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 LANDCRUISER REMOTE KEY CASE (item 160205844388 end time Feb-12-08 00:40:39 PST)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's it.. Right out of my pocket.. What exactly is it that does not look good about it? The other one does look ricer.. Don't like the red button?:cowsmile: :cowsmile: Ron
Iono...I guess I'm so use to seeing that same exact key-fob on every Lexus (prior to the newer keyless one's) up to this point that I want to see something new. My gf had it on her old 06' sc430 & my friend's 00' sc400. And yes that red button stands out too much for me. That key case from the eBay link I posted will do though. :)

BTW, I saw a key-fob (w/a blank keyblade & transponder) on eBay that's designed for a 2006-2007 Landcruiser (same part # as the 08' FJ key-fob). I asked the seller for the part # (to verify) & the only thing the seller stated was that it'll work if your key was desigend for that vehicle model & year. The seller was listing it for $60 + shipping. The cheapest I've seen an oem one was for $153. What do you guys/gals think?

Anyone want to try it out before me?!? :D If yes then here's the link:

eBay Motors: 2005 2006 2007 06 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LANDCRUISER KEY (item 180214221572 end time Feb-15-08 09:05:17 PST)

EDIT: That link right above is for an aftermarket shell & keyblade BUT has an oem transponder inside hence the lower cost compared to a true all-oem part such as this one that sells for $100:

eBay Motors: 03-07 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER OEM FACTORY REMOTE KEY (item 150214939478 end time Feb-20-08 18:09:49 PST)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
OCD is a cruel disease :cowsmile: :cowsmile: What can I say, I didn't like my oil cap being upside down either.. Hey.. Lexus makes neat-O SUV's:thinkerg: ........... Just ribbing ya a little... The red button is uber cool and distinctive... A manly key fob.. Ron

Iono...I guess I'm so use to seeing that same exact key-fob on every Lexus (prior to the newer keyless one's) up to this point that I want to see something new. My gf had it on her old 06' sc430 & my friend's 00' sc400. And yes that red button stands out too much for me. That key case from the eBay link I posted will do though. :)

BTW, I saw a key-fob (w/a blank keyblade & electronic internals) on eBay that's designed for a 2006-2007 Landcruiser (same part # as the 08' FJ key-fob). I asked the seller for the part # (to verify) & the only thing the seller stated was that it'll work if your keys were desigend for that vehicle model & year. The seller was listing it for $60 + shipping. The cheapest I've seen it was for $153. What do you guys/gals think?

Anyone want to try it out before me?!? :D If yes then here's the link:

eBay Motors: 2005 2006 2007 06 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LANDCRUISER KEY (item 180214221572 end time Feb-15-08 09:05:17 PST)

EDIT: That link right above is for an aftermarket shell & keyblade BUT has an oem transponder inside hence the lower cost compared to a true all-oem part such as this one that sells for $100:

eBay Motors: 03-07 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER OEM FACTORY REMOTE KEY (item 150214939478 end time Feb-20-08 18:09:49 PST)

·
Registered
127 Posts
What is a key FOB? and why do i want one

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thoughts?? This is from the email from my salesman.

"I talked to a tech today, he said it is not possible. I know there is a lot of information out there on message boards and blogs but my service department claims it is not possible to program an 08 fob to work on an 07.. "

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thoughts?? This is from the email from my salesman.

"I talked to a tech today, he said it is not possible. I know there is a lot of information out there on message boards and blogs but my service department claims it is not possible to program an 08 fob to work on an 07.. "
Who are you going to believe, a car salesman or a FJ Crusier Forum member! :fight: Seriously though, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! I have been using mine for over a week with no problems.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
someone the other day was asking me this. I will pass it on. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
So I asked for the price despite their (Toyota of Frederick, MD Carmax) belief that the '08 keyfob won't work in the '07s.

The $150 including programming and cutting that "rwerth7" paid seems like a steal compared to the figure I was just quoted.

"$268.00 a key"

Ok... no thanks.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts