Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the latest issue of ORA from 4 Wheel parts. Rick Russell wrote a pretty good article on the Summit. We even made the cover (kind of, we're hidden by the text). Most of the photos are from our run down Black Bear. I don't remember the people in the VDB, maybe from Cali? BriansFJ is behind us....pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Sweet, just got home, fired up the forum and then went scrambling for todays mail after I read your post. There it was, read the good article that gives great credit to "Mr FJ Summit" Jason Gottlieb (Bostonian1976) and his crew Tim Terleski & Seth Kovanic and all the volunteers. Tim Scully & Miss FJ get koodos from the venerable 4x4 off-road Guru Rick Russel. I have many of his offroad videos. He didn't mention our other offroad master dude Chris Nelson. If I had not gone in 2008, looking at these picks and Ricks written word I sure would want to go this year! (I am!)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am glad that there is some diversity in ORA. I get the mag as well and everytime I look...no FJs :( Just in adds or a small reader rig article. GO FJ!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Their website (Welcome to Off Road Adventures) hasn't been updated with the latest issue yet. Guess I'll have to swing by 4WP and grab a copy... I want to see my rig! Thanks for the heads up Shane!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I had almost given up on this mag cuz its usually all about jeeps and US trucks only. Everybody needs to give feedback to these guys for a job well done and keep the FJ stories coming!

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Sweet, just got home, fired up the forum and then went scrambling for todays mail after I read your post. There it was, read the good article that gives great credit to "Mr FJ Summit" Jason Gottlieb (Bostonian1976) and his crew Tim Terleski & Seth Kovanic and all the volunteers. Tim Scully & Miss FJ get koodos from the venerable 4x4 off-road Guru Rick Russel. I have many of his offroad videos. He didn't mention our other offroad master dude Chris Nelson. If I had not gone in 2008, looking at these picks and Ricks written word I sure would want to go this year! (I am!)
Holy hell, I totally forgot he sat in the backseat of my truck forever on that trail run!!!! I'm a dork.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I just renewed my free subscription and this was the first issue I got!

BTW, if anybody doesn't have a subscription, I highly recommend it. The stories and technical insights are outstanding. Great bathroom reading!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Hey, I'm sorta famous - I'm behind Bob, over his left shoulder (with the black cowboy hat and brown shirt).

Plus, the back end of my titanium is in the sixth photo...

Woo hoo! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Yes, you may have my autograph. I'm starting a fan club, too... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts